1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay girl in a big world

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JayBird, May 9, 2018.

1. pay

pay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my goodness you seem like an amazing person! I am obsessed with broadway plays (Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Waitress, Be More Chill, In The Heights, I’ll stop now) and definitely a lot of LGBT books, Love Simon aa-
    And our music styles are super similar! Do you like Billie Eilish? I’m also a super big lofi hip hop fan, if you know what that is lol
    Nice to meet you!!

2. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey! Thanks. I'm going to see Hamilton this September.
    I haven't heard of Billie Eilish, but I'll look into their music. I haven't heard of lofi hip-hop. What's it like?
    -Jay

3. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @JayBird ! Love your taste in music! It's so cool that you're writing a play! I love theatre too, but I've never written a piece before. Do you like to perform? If so, do you prefer musical theatre, improv, or more traditional theatre?
    Good luck on starting a GSA! I'd love to have one at my school (if it weren't illegal!) My country's made some steps towards more progressive ideas, but so far, nothing has changed for the LGBTQ+ community. Baby steps!

4. JayBird

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do love theater. I'm an acting counselor over summer and perform in fall/winter/spring. I'm just wrapping a festival piece I was in. I perform in all different types of disciplines. The piece I'm ending now was a choreography piece interwoven with poetry and short scenes. I'm joining an improve troupe this year. It's really all over the place.
    I get that feeling. I go to a Catholic prep school, so they're very against the idea. You're right, baby steps!
    I'm sorry that where you live isn't as accepting as it could be of the LGBTQ community. I'm glad you found EC to meet people and make friends. Love your profile pic, btw.
    -Jay