1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay dreams....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Jun 6, 2013.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What you want or what you fear, or something your mind is working out? How do you view dreams?

2. LateRobert

Hi

I am 53 now and still have wet dreams every so often.
    Always with a guy having some sort of sex. It is always intense and d I usually wake up just as I am about to climax in my dream or just after I have. I am usually asleep on my back so it is always hands free on my part.

Makes me realise how powerful the mind is.

Robert

3. Rexmond

I've never had a gay sexual dream 0.0.

Is that normal for me? I don't really dream much and when I do a lot of them are about school because I like it so much (not so much the school itself but a couple of the teachers). If it did involve these teachers, nothing sexual would happen. How come I'm not getting any of these dreams?

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sex in my dreams is usually strange. (Well, my dreams are strange, period.) There's nudity and suggestive things but it's pretty rare for anything sexual to actually happen. It's like my dreams are rated PG-13. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. biggayguy

The subconscious is a funny thing. One night I dreamed about this guy spooning with me and cuddling and giving me a very sensual massage. when I turned over to compliment his wonderful massage it turned out to be my dad. Yes, my dad looks good naked and he is a licensed massage therapist. Before I turned over in the dream it felt very natural but afterward it shocked me awake. If he wasn't my dad...well, I don't know. :confused: :eusa_naug:eek: What do you all think?

6. Martjain

It could mean that you like being dominated, bottom, being raped (that one was a lil bit extreme I have to admit).
    But I guess it's just you want so much being/having sex with that person, that all those feelings you can't express or fulfill are being projected (not sure if right word) as a rape.
    Like, all that desire for him presents as intense sex or rape in your dream.
    Not sure if I'm clear.

#26 Martjain, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'ello Mr. Whale,

I'm not sure I get the puzzlement. If you were straight, I could see wondering why you might be having gay-themed dreams. Since you're gay, I could see wondering why if you were having straight-themed dreams.

As it is...it's just a dream about an attraction, or hot person...in your current idiom of what's hot.

Shockingly (and wonderfully), I get to have dreams about both hot men *and* hot women! Sometimes at once! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Its rare that I get 'gay' dreams (really wish i got more LOL especially those where i kiss a guy)

I've never had any about specific or actual people, usually its just a guy made up by the dream (i actually prefer it that way too)

I've had a couple dreams where I kissed another guy (those are the best...kissing someone like that feels awesome in a way I simply can't explain (plus have nothing to compare it to in 'real life' since I've never kissed anyone))

More common is I'm in a classroom or something similar...and there's a cute guy sitting/standing nearby...we make eye contact & smile, both knowing the other is interested (sometimes a few words are said, but I usually wake up) (those dreams give a pretty cool internal feeling too)

One other version of dreams is...I'm somewhere with another guy, and its just known (to me) that he's my boyfriend.

9. KnownSecret

I have gay dreams all the time lol, Sometimes sexual sometimes just simple and easy going feeling :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^lucky guy :slight_smile:

11. KnownSecret

12. Runnerrunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know, it was the dreams that kept getting me, and causing tremendous stress AND some clarity. I frequently dream about men, not always sexual, but obviously as a romantic interest. If I was "straight" why would I be dreaming about men, and how could it be my fault? I assumed responsibility for looking at men when awake, and chastised myself for it, but ASLEEP? Damn those rules are tough and unfair. What also amazed me were the sexual dreams I had, I was doing things to and with guys that I had never seen nor heard about. Not kinky, but still, where'd that come from? Anyway, now I cultivate and enjoy every moment hoping they come true.

I did have one sexual dream about a girl when I was about 12, wet dream if I remember correctly, but there was a certain, terrible rape scenario to it that was just awful and I never forgot it.

Another nightmare recently - the guy that I'm really interested in and I were chatting on Skype, then his wife walked into view PREGNANT! I'm still a little angry. Ha!

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I get what you mean, I haven't had sex yet with a Man, but I guess dreams don't have any boundaries :slight_smile:

14. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not boundaryless, just exploring wants and needs. (Maybe)

Not that you want to be raped (eg you woke up) rather your crush is the guy you want to go all the way with.

The fact that you woke up may mean you explored being dominated and it did not appeal to you, even by somebody you want. So are you looking at the inverse?

Only you and your subconscious knows.

I never dream about heavily muscled hunks larger than me. Never. My whole life they have been shorter, lightly framed guys with little body hair. Why dream about twinks my whole life?

Is it type or arrested development as to when I stepped into the closet?

I don't know, dreams don't come with explanations.

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2013 at 01:28 AM ----------

If I had to peg my own age in dreams it would be late teens early twenties.

15. biggayguy

Apologize if my post was too creepy or TMI.

16. LateRobert

Hi Biguy50

I don't think there is anything you need to apologise for. You were honest about your dreams. The more people share the more the rest of us learn about ourselves and others.

I am not a dream interpreter, but I would think most of us who dream, would dream about people we are close to. Since your Dad is a masseur, then it is probably normal for him to massage naked people. But maybe the cuddling and spooning is about wanting his acceptance?

17. biggayguy

I think you're right about dreaming about someone I'm close to. My bus from college went by dad's massage school so I would go there to wait for a ride home. That fits as interpretation. The thing that occurred to me just now is that the women I've dated were a bit like my mom. Maybe I'm looking for a male partner like my dad.

18. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine are often not never about sex usually kissing

19. aliveandwell

aliveandwell Guest

BigGuy50 - I'm new here, also - and after a post I'd put up late at night, the next morning reread it and had the same response as yourself - that it was TMI - or that my offbeat humor wouldn't be understood. I tried to edit - and probably like yourself found out that wasn't a possibility. Anyway, hearing you makes me think of how important it is that this be a "Shame-free Zone". I think we're used to carefully choosing our language w/others, with a worry for being judged - especially as a 'newbie' like us. On the contrary, I applaud your forthrightness and willingness to reveal. No shame in that!

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Willingness to open up is what makes this site so valuable! It's a safe place to do so!