1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay dads!!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jimm, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure you should come out to your wife Jimm. Obviously I don't know her and could be way off base. Is there a chance that she will be able to come to terms with this? If the relationship is that bad between you your idea to simply divorce without revealing any sexuality issues may be the best option.

2. CapColors

WARNING: Women like to talk to people. It's unrealistic (and a little cruel) to expect she won't.

I've seen this mentioned in other gay-men threads: they assume she'll react with the same internalizing a man does and are shocked and upset when she immediately tells other people.

They see it as a betrayal, but really it's just the way a lot of women process things. (Obviously this is a generalization but it's often true.)

That being said, she sounds like a huge bitch so do what you want and don't think of her feelings too much. Just be aware that she'll tell people, cause she will.

3. bi2me

^^this

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also agree with this 100%.

5. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hell, my ex told her mom and some siblings and two people she works with, and god only knows who else. Fortunately I have a broken "give a damn" so it didn't matter much anyway.

6. Jimm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am in no way trying to justify my feelings about being gay by throwing my partner under the bus with all the wrong she has done me but it has had a huge impact on the way I am feeling now and has lead me to the question I often ponder... who am I? I used to think I knew what I wanted in life and felt i was in a place of contentment but the more she hurt me and was dishonest about what she was doing behind my back, I felt as if my life slowly started to crumble away. Nothing feels right with me anymore. I love my kids to death and I love her and the thought of not having my family together is destroying me. They are all I've known for the last 8 years and so a life without them is one I never pictured and something that is really uncomfortable to think about.

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2015 at 03:43 PM ----------

In saying that I'm not happy in my relationship now, especially with my thoughts about being gay. I don't want to be unhappy and I feel like if I stay and try to move forward with her in our relationship that I will always be unhappy because I will be living a life that I think is doing right by her and the kids instead of a life I believe I know I will be happy in.

7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ALL of that is stuff I felt very strongly about as well. Trying so hard to do all the things I felt I was supposed to do as "the man of the house". I worried constantly over things changing and being hard on the girls, but thru talking to them I found out that more than anything, they just want me happy. If the relationship comes to the point of feeling toxic, that's not healthy for anyone involved and especially not the kids. They *will* sense that stuff, they're more perceptive than we sometimes give them credit for.
    I also started questioning myself every time we would have our bad arguments, if all of it was cuz this is just not the kind of relationship I'm meant to be in.
    I've tried and done all that I have felt I need to do to be a good dad and provider yet lost my own self along the way. Since splitting tho, my kids have commented on how much calmer I seem, and how they can see I am taking better care of myself and stuff.
    I know all of this is hard as hell, and being a good dad you will always instinctively wanna put your kids first in everything, but I think since coming out and splitting from the relationship with their mother, that it has helped make me better for them.