1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Conversion - Curing Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JSG, May 27, 2008.

1. JSG

JSG Guest

This is a video I found about 'Gay Conversions'
    [GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7180551825484297720&q=gay&ei=D188SPqRAoSq2AKIxLjhAw&hl=en[/GVIDEO]
    What do you guys and girls think about it?
    Would want to convert after this? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    [GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8279827472216156160&q=gay&ei=D188SPqRAoSq2AKIxLjhAw&hl=en[/GVIDEO]

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Thanks for posting it - really informative as to the methods of the Ex-Gay movement. It was really quite horrible and sad to watch though. I really hope that they don't extend their power into schools (if they haven't already). They just seem to rely on emotions such as shame and pain to "straighten" people. I think that it must be really difficult to come out in one emotional piece after this - given the mental trauma many of us go through *without* people systematically reinforcing our negative feelings of shame I can only imagine the power of these techniques to push someone back into the closet for life, through sheer pain and shame. Really, really sad.

And how, exactly, does hitting something with a bat cure homosexuality?

(I was pleased with myself because when they were playing the hypnosis video for gay men saying "women are hot" I was like yeah, mmmm :grin: )

3. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, I watched the whole thing and let me tell you my first reaction was I hope to God when I eventually tell my parents they dont completely flip out annd send me there. I dont think they will but still, even though I would have quite a fun time laughing in those bitches faces.

One of the things that gets me mad all the time is that they think that all of us gay teens deep down inside want to be straight. Now I will admit that in the beginning I did want to be straight, I did pray to be straight. And you know that dude was right, It doesnt work however neither does beating things with a tennis racket.

Personally I am very happy with the way I am now. I AM GAY, GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!!!(!) (!) (!) , hot men are the best thing since sliced cheese in my opinion, and I have never felt better in my life. Now I am not the type to go out and protest and tell all those freaks that they're freaks, but I just want to be left alone. I think thats all we ask. I dont want to be remembered for what I am, just what I did.

Well theres my rant for the day, oh and that parade was really cool, I hope I get to go to one of thoses some day. :thumbsup:

4. PopUpsSuck17

I think the guy was kinda creepy . . . and I don't really think it's as much of a choice as they make it sound. I agree with the cowboy people . . . I'd like to grow up and have a wife and a daughter and a picket fence, too. But I don't really think that'll happen, so I'll just be happy with who I am :slight_smile:

And I don't believe in conversion, either. D E N I A L. If I couldn't make myself straight, then what chance have they got? What a bunch of wierdos . . .

5. jazzrawr

holy crap.
    this was so sad to watch.
    and ridiculously untrue.
    i feel so sorry for the people who have to go there and are forced to lie to themselves...
    im so glad my mom supports me.

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

Appalling.

Filling the people who are struggling and confused with their sexuality with ideas that they can change it is just cruel. The therapy patients are nothing more than victims of ideals that cannot be satisfied.

This whole ordeal reminds me of One Floo Over the Cuckoo's Nest. What society deems abnormal can be changed with therapy.

I can only imagine the amplified confusion and self-loathing associated with these ex-gay patients. Especially when their repressed sexuality resurfaces.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Curing Homosexuality=Bullcrap

8. Peridot

These things are all so cultish, it's absurd.

This video made me so mad that I wanted to go out and shoot a squrriel in my own sheer frustration.

I like both sexes and if I were to be only straight, that just wouldn't be me. My whole life would be a complete lie.

I hope my mom wouldn't send me to one of those. I shudder just thinking about it.

I wish people like this would just leave the community alone, accept it, and move on.

It's like gay people should start a program for straight people to convert them to accept this movement. (if that made any sense...)

And the whole Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed thing. Ain't he supposed to be pissed according to the bible? Not everyone is making it to heaven accroding to God anyways.

#8 Peridot, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  9. STK

STK Guest

I think there should be conversion camps for Christianity.

Those camps are torture and if I had to go to those I'd have to give it my all to not commit suicide.

10. eclipse

eclipse Guest

I used to be quite a devout Christian up until I really started questioning my beliefs and associations after I accepted my sexuality during High School. Being able to witness firsthand the corruption of youth through "the word of God" led me to turn my back on most forms of Christianity. And then hearing my mom say that she was going to send me somewhere to fix me once I came out to her... (sigh). It just hurts that so many young people are actually forced into these situations. I was fortunately old enough that she couldn't legally send me anywhere.

I have incredible appreciation for anyone that is able to go to these camps and come out of it okay. Hopefully governments will step in and put an end to this mess just as Massachusetts and California have begun to (yay for marriage rights!). Fortunately for me, those seem to be the only two states that I would probably end up living in.

11. cityboy340

Originally: OC, California Now: Baltimore/DC
    This may be kinda irrational... but since it is an ex-gay camp, there will probably be gay people there and some of them may be hot........
    Hey, it helps sometimes to rebel against evil forces, but yeah some of my relatives live in Colorado Springs (the center of ex-gay and etc crap like that) and it feels good to go against the system.

12. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I realize that this is a quick revival, but for those who would rather have a written record of some of the things that happen in these camps, here's a link to an article from a undercover reporter.
    http://www.alternet.org/story/146557/?page=entire

13. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I just read that those b*****s, you have to feel sorry for these poor souls, I is impossable to change who you are It is like trying to turn all water red and trying to move the great pyramse by your self using your own strenght, it is impossable. This world needs to be rid of christant once and for all because I dont any other relions making a big deal about it(except Islamic countrys were you go to prision or death) they may not like it but at less they dont try and confert straight. If I would be going to one of those places it would be with a MP5 sub machine gun to "take care”of those b******s.

#13 British Lad, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  14. AnneChaos

AnneChaos Guest

I saw a video of an exorcism which was also a "conversion" of a gay boy. They belived he was "possessed by an evil demon". It was horrible. It lasted like a day and the poor child was just vomiting and crying...It was even hard to watch...and the parents belived so hard that what they were doing was right.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with people...

And how do they say that God loves everyone while they don't accept so many people?

I love being bisexual, if anyone in any way, tries to make me straight, will have a big problem --' I would beat them up --'

15. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Makes me sick that things like happen in a civilized country! Too many people trying to be like others and sticking to norms. If people were more individual that listening to things from others then really there wouldn't be much of this.

16. Totoro

I just read this article just now, wow it's really saddening. :frowning2:
    I hope that the people mentioned in that article get through alright.
    Those videos aren't working for me, unfortunately, but the article gave me a good idea of the process- which i am incredibly shocked about. Why do people do all this? I'm kind of angry about this at the same time >=(

17. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

This article is a number of things...frightening, bizarre, amusing, and sad. I just can't believe that people would believe in this kind of thing. Furthermore, I can't stand it when people (typically Christians) talk about how homosexuality is caused by some flawed or underdeveloped sense of manhood. What the hell is that about? I know I am a man, and I am comfortable with my masculinity, in addition to that, I am attracted to other men. Isn't that the whole idea of being gay...? Ugh, these people with their bizarre ideas really frustrate me beyond belief.