1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM and oh so very deep in the closet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by akidyouwish, Jul 2, 2012.

1. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Martee: Thanks for all the advice, I agree with the whole top surgery thing, the scars suck. I just started shaping in the guys department, when my moms not there, so thats going better actually. My dad offered to take me and get a hair cut next time i see him, so who knows how my mom will react xDD
    Fedimex: Wait, like add me? xD sure thing.

2. Martee

Martee Guest

akidyouwish: I hope wearing some male clothes and getting your hair cut will help you look on the outside how you feel on the inside :slight_smile: It helps me, but there's always the days when the dysphoria is quite bad...like today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Your mum will prolly have a reaction...she's human so let her. The key with transitioning or trying anything new, is to have mutual respect and understanding. Be calm and respectful to your parent and that will go a long way in their acceptance of such. If you go in "guns blazing" and all "my way or the highway" and "I don't care about what you think about anything or value your opinions" kind of attitude -- Well, the natural response of humans is to shut down and assert their authority. Maybe try to approach this calmly but make clear how you feel about FtM and how you want them to support you or at the least not make the transition harder.

Tell them something like, "I know this is difficult for you and I know you're going to have a lot of questions. I have questions too and am trying to figure this out. It is difficult for me as well. I want us to have an open dialogue and for you to feel free to ask me anything. I will respect you as my parent in this, and I hope you will respect me as your child in my transition. This is new for all of us and frankly it's kind of scary to go through this alone so your support would mean the world to me." (That's what I'd say if it were me, but you're not me).

It's all in the delivery hahahah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but really it truly is...how you say/word things will affect greatly how they are receipted. Best of luck in this and I hope you get the clothes and hair you want soon :wink:

3. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In the same situation. I'm sick of acting like a girl! It really depends if you think you could get kicked out, then I would have a back up place. If you can't take it, I would come out. I'm trying to come out to my mom as well.

4. Deaf Not Blind

i wonder if my mom's friends have said something to her, cuz i swear she kinda looks at me differently sometimes and what she said last night to me about her dad and me taking over, it makes me wonder. maybe she has finally started to add up everything over my life too? she has seen it all, the wanting boy stuff, games, clothes, sports, baseball cards, spitting, belching, not into makeup, not into boy craziness, not dating, not bringing home boys, not wearing a bra but binding more than before...she is not retarded. and she once said something about herself, that she could have become lesbian cuz she's scared of men. i have a feeling before she dies she will know she actually gave birth to a son.

5. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wrote a response to this, but it didn't post ewe so i'm going to paraphrase out of laziness.

Martee: Yeah, i'm going to ask my dad to get me a haircut when i see him next, and i'm not gunna tell me mom, so wee~

Fedimex: Sure, why would i say no?

6. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    oh wait im an idiot? >w> My computer is stupid, please ignore the message earlier xD

---------- Post added 6th Jul 2012 at 01:58 AM ----------

(Three post in a row, im lame)
    I wont be able to have a backup, and there is a potential my parents wont accept me, so i'm pretty much stuck.