1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM....and a bridesmaid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is your friend and its HER day u need to discuss it with her u don't want to cause any issue let her decide what would be the best option. It may mean wearing a dress or not being in the wedding

I sort of have something simular my cousin is getting married my story while I am male I present mostly as a woman for the most psrt. I had breast implants in Dec. We will be going to the wedding I will go dressed as a guy not that I want to but I don't want to cause any problems with her special day. Plus I am ok dressing the part in a suit when I have to

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

She is your friend and its HER day u need to discuss it with her u don't want to cause any issue let her decide what would be the best option. It may mean wearing a dress or not being in the wedding

I sort of have something simular my cousin is getting married my story while I am male I present mostly as a woman for the most psrt. I had breast implants in Dec. We will be going to the wedding I will go dressed as a guy not that I want to but I don't want to cause any problems with her special day. Plus I am ok dressing the part in a suit when I have to

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2014 at 08:56 AM ----------

2. Skyline

My heart goes out to you on this. In an important event like this, you just want to be yourself. At the same time... you have to think of others and maybe make the choice to just fall in line and make things simpler on everyone.

My friend is engaged and she wants me to be a bridesmaid. I'm also debating on whether to wear a dress or a suit for that. I've never met her family, and I'd be outing to all of them and becoming a focus of attention if I wore a dress... and like it's been said, I wouldn't want to upstage my friend or anything. The difference in my case is my friend is actually encouraging me to wear whatever I want. It's all my choice...

Maybe you should look at it from the angle that at least you have been given a dress code to follow. It should be easy just to accept it and not have to worry about picking something out. But, I understand not wanting to shave or look all pretty.

Sounds like either way someone isn't going to be completely happy in this situation. At the very least, I hope your friend and her fiancé are happy on their big day.

Good luck with all of this.

3. justjade

Thank you. I just found out the official date is going to be May 17th. I think the thing I'm least looking forward to now is having to go dress shopping with the bride and bridesmaids, which unfortunately includes my sister. She's very pushy and kind of easy to piss off. Last night, she was complaining about the possibility of wearing polka dots. :eusa_doh:

Seriously, sometimes she makes me feel so good about myself because I'll put up with stuff that she won't because, really, it's not that bad. It's not even really bad. She just goes bat shit over the most minute things. I swear to god, if they start arguing in my presence, physical or otherwise, there's going to be a smackdown issued by me in all my abrasively manly glory. Then my friend will probably only have two bridesmaids because my sister will be kicked out, and another one hasn't responded to the request to even be a bridesmaid.