1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends any more

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Carla01, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Carla01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    When do you Know when a friend does not want to be your friend any more

When we started talking on app as friend its was just one sided which where from me although the friend indicating in a chat that the friend wants some one to talk to

After months of chats I am now getting the feeling the friend does not want be a friend any more as the replies between chat is taking a day now and even more time

Have we been oversharing or chatting or is it just a phase of we don't have much to talk about any more like an old record that one is tired of listening too

2. Sammy1995

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe ask? It's entirely possible they're just more busy than they were before. Maybe they are losing interest but either way communication would be the most effective way to find out.

3. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be a number of things as you stated. I would just give them space for now and see what develops. If the distance between you two starts to grow more, then I would just politely point the fact out to them and ask what's going on. When I question if a friend still wants to be friends in my mind, I readjust and focus on the quality rather than the quantity of the time we spend or talk together. It usually helps.

Also just so you know, we can't reference or talk about social media or other social websites here on EC. It's unfortunately one of the rules, but it is relevant for safety reasons. I've been guilty myself for referencing them a couple times lol.

4. Jahiem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately friends come and go, you will see more of that as the years go by. I had a lot of friends and they eventually taper off one by one. They have kids, they get in relationships (People get so caught up in a relationship and forget they can still have friends) and whatever else.

My best friend for example we used to hang out all the time and go to the bar on the weekend and we both worked night shift so we text often. A few years later things slowed down and she would not text me back she would get flakey and bail out of plans at the last minute or not text me back at all. I made the decision just to stop being her friend it was not worth me constantly texting me and getting ignored.

5. Ran

Ran
    Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you for reminding about it to others. We appreciate it. :slight_smile: