1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Mar 19, 2013.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Man this freedom is exilerating and I am not 100% out of the closet yet. I can control my life rather than the closet controlling me.

I can have gay friends. Actually talk gay stuff just as the straights did casually in the locker rooms or wherever they felt comfortable.

I don't know how you communicate this to the teen just stepping into the closet.

How come I have NEVER seen a public service announcement on this topic on TV?

You would have thought that college student who committed suicide upon being outed would have inspired PSA's.

We know the degree of suffering in the closet and I suspect it is long past time to make society aware of the suffering they cause.

Being out is so $&@! Liberating.

2. Italy or Bust

You forget sometimes how burdensome hiding is. When you don't have to do it anymore, it feels like such a big relief!

3. Ameya

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Skiff, I love the quote. I put on my fav. pair of girlie jeans , let my hair down and walked into starbucks like I owned the place this morning. Felt soooo good to be me!!!
    Ameya