1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom & Flannel

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For my own part, I can almost hear the teeth grinding when I wear my bright pink polo shirt or the lavendar long-sleeved dress shirt. But she can't really say anything critical, because both of the girls comment how great I look every time I wear them! So instead, she snarls about the more manly plaid ones and says "That looks like something your father would have worn! So I raised an eyebrow and remarked, "Dad wouldn't have been caught DEAD in Abercrombie & Fitch!" So there!

2. flatlander48

No flannel as I'm on a business trip for the last week and a half. However, does it count that I wore my high heel clogs to breakfast last Sunday?

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Yes it counts!!! Rock the clogs! Rock the bright pink polo shirt! Rock the favorite skirt! Just means to be who you are! Rock whatever makes you feel good, confident & who cares what anyone thinks! (!)

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep wearing my new scarves, who cares if it's hotter than normal at the end of the day!

5. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Rock the scarves gw!!!!!!

6. Biotech49

Hmmm, next paycheck. Gonna buy some "winter clothes".

Wore low top hikers to work today with cargo pants and an Adidas polo shirt that I subsequently ruined with bleach. Grrr...

Sang along to Melissa Etheridge while I was working by myself then heard a crowd of people in the hallway. LOL - well that was fun.

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Thinking about my EC friends today. It's National Coming Out Day! I know many of you can't be "out" right now but see today as hope for the future. Just being here at EC is a huge step in being who you are!
    Rock a smile today!!
    (&&&)

8. HopeFloats

Happy National Coming Out Day! Hmm. What can I rock to work today? Definitely a confident smile to go with Friday jeans day. It's Pride weekend here so I hope to go out to lunch and see lots of folks to exchange "the look" with.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be wearing my skinny jeans and my most flamboyant scarf today...

To all those who need to come out, for whatever reason, today is a day like any other, no pressure, don't feel as if you've failed if, for whatever reason, you just couldn't do it.

Coming out is a personal milestone and should not be done if you aren't ready. But if you are, this day is a great reminder of the importance of it!

10. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Wore my low hikers, fav. flannel, black jeans & my big "mane" of hair down out to my fav. coffee place....did not wear my peace pride scarf out. Where were all the lesbians? Usually this place has quite a few! Reaallly! Just a over cologned guy next to me. :frowning2: Now just waiting for the plumber to call so I can get hot water in my washer...
    Sigh.
    gw-Rock those jeans!
    You too HopeFloats!

11. MaybeJory

I woke up this morning and thought, I want to just come out to the world today! I had no idea it was National Coming Out Day. I totally picked up on the energy. How wonderfully weird.

I'm going to rock my normal androgynous clothes and forgo a bra today.:grin:

12. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Awesomeness!!!
    Rock the bralessness!

13. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wore the pink polo today...No skinny jeans for this boy, though. There's just enough skin left over from the weight loss that I would look like a blue denim test tube with something bubbling over the top. Eeeccch.

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

:roflmao:
    I hear ya on the skinny jeans! That's why I love the flannel shirt & sweaters/sweatshirts-covers the top of jeans! Yay fall/winter!
    Rock the pink polo!

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skinny jeans: the only reason I can fit into them is that I'm on the Divorce Diet :rolle: ...oh well, something good has to come of it!

16. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

gw-(*hug*)(*hug*)

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still don't understand why anyone WANTS to wear bifrucated clothing in hot weather....

/me throws on shkler utilikilt

18. Biotech49

I was singing noticeably lesbianish songs out loud at work today. Thought I was alone then walked around the corner into the lab office and everyone is staring at me. I smiled and walked on. Hee hee... Too hot for flannel today but I have my cargos on, as usual. Hell no on the skinny jeans. I'm rockin' too much flab for those.

19. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Yah! Rock on! I don't even sing anything w/windows rolled down in car. Gotta work on that!
    Too hot for flannel here too. Now in fav. green t-shirt! (!)

20. codegrrl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some days I wear flannel and jeans and cowboy boots, sometimes I wear dresses--but it's always the dresses that make me feel, subtly, like I'm wearing a costume instead of my real clothes.