For some reason this pisses me off...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CrimsonThunder, Oct 30, 2007.

1. CrimsonThunder

The other day I went to one of my best friends myspaces and his orientation was set to gay and he has a background picture of a really hot guy with his shirt off. >_>

Now if i just told you that you would think, well hes gay. But he isn't because I know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: He has a girlfriend (and a really hot one at that). He's not straight acting... Far.. far from it lol. But I just know he isnt. Anyways point of this topic is that there are probably MORE people on myspace that do this. O_O Now that makes me sad because I like to browse through all the gay people and think I can have a chance with them. >_> (jks lol)

^_^

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    or perhaps he is gay and that this really hot girlfriend is just a cover for him.

3. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand where you're coming from. I don't see any point in anyone acting, or falsifying their sexuality for 'shits and giggles' as I like to put it. People like that make it harder for those who legitimately are homosexual to be taken seriously because there are alot of people who think it's cool to act gay for attention (ie lots of girls at nightclubs do it just to get a guys attention). :tantrum:

It's really quite infuriating.

...I also have to admit....I like to check out the myspace pages for other chicks to see if I'd have a chance...:lol:

However, sometimes when I look at certain peoples photos, I kind of wonder if it's just an attention seeking ploy...

4. CelebrityHead

That's Myspace in a nutshell!

Tom, I woudn't like that either if one of my (straight) friends did that. It seems as though he (or whoever did that to his profile) is taking the piss out of homosexuality, like as if it's an old article of clothing from the 90s that they thought they'd try on for 'shits and giggles' - as Revealed put it.

I wouldn't think too much of it though. It's still not a direct homophobic attack, so there's at least that... :slight_smile:

5. SpikySpice

Yeah I wouldnt like it either when people fake there sexualities. But if they ar ereally straight and put gay on myspace, somehow I feel kinda nice because they like homosexual people, and they may not makign fun of us

For your friend Tom, he maybe gay but never told nobody, and one thign to remember, do not ever look at their girlfriends to say tehy are straight, their gfs are the closets'doors

6. step49x

I'm getting a little off-topic here, but this is one of the complaints I have about Facebook. Instead of an "Orientation" label, they have a "interested in" label, which can just be really vague, sometimes. I've seen many profiles on Facebook that are "In a relationship" with some one of the opposite sex, but are "interested" in the same sex. Does this mean that they're gay, or that they're just there to look for friends?

This doesn't make me angry, just really annoyed. It makes it really hard to look for eligible people, when you don't know what things imply...

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

LOL, um, that just makes me laugh. The boy is gay, it doesn't matter that you think he HAS to be straight. I think you're in denial.

8. Bryan

Maybe he is bi, or gay and he is lying to you or something like that. No straight person in their right mind would pretend to be gay.

9. CrimsonThunder

Yeah it is just for fun. At work he always calls me "sugar buns" or something like that. >_> :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    your right about that bryan. i have this straight friend to trys to be gay while i'm around and that pisses me off. i know what your feeling CrimsonThunder.

11. Jeimuzu

He might be straight and faking on his profile. Ooooor his 'girlfriend' might really be his (I hate this term) fag hag, in reality.

You can't really tell. And whatever he tells you in real life, it'll be rather hard to confirm.

So, either way, if you're wanting to date him... well, he seems to know about you, it's up to him now.

12. CrimsonThunder

Hell no I dont. LOL

13. Nerdtendo

Is it entierly his fault? there are some hackers out there that do that to other people's profiles.

14. CelebrityHead

True that... just ask him, "Dude, what's with your profile?"

15. CrimsonThunder

I commented him saying "omg gay" and he replied with "no u r". I know its just a joke. >_> the point of the topic is not wether hes lying or not because I know he isnt. >=O Its about people faking it!