LGBT News First-Ever Ex-Gay Pride Month to Be Held in DC This Month

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BudderMC, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Who knows

Who knows Guest

Wow, all that forced sexual repression focused into one single state - I have a feeling it's going to be one very awkward shuffle rather than a parade.

Sidenote - If LGBT community have the rainbow what do these "ex-gays" have to symbolise their "ex-gay"ness?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow... this is pretty ridiculous...

I'm glad that I am not anywhere near D.C.

3. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not gonna lie, I kinda wanna go. Out of sheer morbid curiosity.

4. Amerigo

oh dear america you've outdone yourself again

5. Exoskeleton

So the argument is that ex-gays are being oppressed because some states have outlawed their ridiculous therapy techniques?

Well, at least they had some semblance of an argument, there. I was expecting less.

But really. They need to stop. It's embarrassing.

6. Incognito10

Probably just a desperate attempt by the right-wing Christians to undue the progress that has been made. They see society changing its views, so now they are willing to do anything to stymie progress. Quite sad, they're just trying to make it seem like a choice. I hope it thunderstorms terribly here in DC on that day. It's not going to be a "parade," it's going to be one awkward and bitter protest or march. Sounds pretty boring and pathetic.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And this is what it'll look like:

Attached Files:

8. Oxelotl

So basically it's a group of LGBT people who are massively celibate yet attracted to something which is taboo and theoretically they could all get off with each other, gathering to talk about how they're not something, under circumstances that are a bit similar to actual pride parade, and they're going to talk to each other, being attracted to each other before stopping themselves, reading the bible etc etc.

wow.

9. AKTodd

Hm. A huge ex-gay event in DC. If past history for these folks is any guide, I hope the local gay bars are stocking up because they are probably going to be extra busy....

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Giant group of liars, in my opinion. Good luck with their supposed pride, or whatever.

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heck, they'll need a Keystone-type pipeline for all the lube they're gonna be squirting...

12. Aldrick

:roflmao:

Sad, funny, and true. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Because you know ex-gays don't exist

14. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

WTF... :bang:

15. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    :bang::tantrum::bang::tantrum::bang::tantrum:

16. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Even if i decided to entertain the idea that Ex-Gay was possible, (which IMO it isn't.. Its backed by experts as well, but thats not a 100% guarantee.. so its still an opinion for me (and the majority here lol)

Ex-Gay does not mean you are not gay at all... *facepalm* That would imply you are choosing to NOT be gay wouldn't it? If it was a case of sexual fluidity, than it wouldn't be considered "ex-gay" either would it? Someone tell me if I'm wrong here please. Does becoming an EX- something not imply a choice somewhere? Far as I'm concerned choosing to deny your true identity is not getting rid of your real self, but hiding it away out of fear or some other motivation.

For another thing, "Ex-Gay" is like your denying, or suddenly not INTERESTED in being Gay, if you ever were in the first place. Being Celibate does not necessarily make you any less homosexual. You are still (most likely) attracted to men at least on a physical level, and are most likely denying the chance of a romantic attraction (in the case of the Ex-Gays, not celibate people). In that sense, I definitely think you CAN'T choose to not be attracted to someone physically. Can you train your body to not "react"? Possibly, but you can't change your intrinsic sexual attractions to an entire gender of people.

Plenty of people have touched on the fact that they aren't technically at a loss of their rights. This seems like another attempt by some form of agenda to demonize us since the majority who are against homosexuality, or at least gay marriage has shrunk and reversed the balance scales they are so used to. Now if a christian conservative says something bad about gay people/gay marriage, they are a homophobe or a bigot. While these things are pssibly true, there have been times people jump the gun, or maybe people dont understand how all inclusive these terms are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's as if being a bigot or a homophobe takes a lot of effort - they have to say a TON of bad things to get to that level of general ignorance. They don't accept that they are homophobic at all, or have ATLEAST said homophobic things, and think we are infringing on their rights to freedom of speech. We need to be careful, its kind of a good argument, it doesn't look good when they throw the whole "Freedom of speech, bitch!" Thing in our faces, even though i personally only respect freedom of specch to the point of hate speech/crimes and believe liking/supporting and disliking/not supporting/actively not supporting are seperate things, but all acceptable. Disliking/Not supporting/Actively nt supporting to the point that it clouds your moral compass (if it ever existed and ever pointed North xD) to the extreme level that you think your opinion should STRIP people of their rights simply because its not ok with you. If it had some genuine BAD things associated with it, I would understand more, but being Gay doesn't cause natural disasters, and society is not collapsing any faster or slower than it would without gay people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Theres just simply no logic behind that kind of thought, so its where I draw the line..

God, I get off topic a lot...
    *gomen nasai*

#36 PrinceOfAvalon, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all people should be treated with respect and ex-gays are no-....ok I'm sorry I wish I were saying this for real because then I could actually interrupt myself and start laughing my ass off over the ridiculousness of my statement :grin:

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They can call themselves whatever they'd like, I'm just not sure they they feel the need to self-segregate from other heterosexuals? They should just join the 'straight pride" crowd and be done with it.

Again, I don't think anyone has a right to tell someone what their orientation is or what to identify as, I just can't see why they feel the need to call themselves "ex-gay" and set up their own little parade. What rights are they being denied, again?

19. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite simple why they call themselves ex-gay, it's because they don't want to separate themselves from the gay aspect. Let's face it, if you were REALLY straight now, you'd just say you're straight not ex-gay. So yeah that's why, they're still gay and use the ex-gay tone to still attach themselves to it.

20. PinkBluePurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They really think they deserve rights for ignoring or rejecting their sexual orientation, and encouraging others to do so? Why?!! D: sorry this just rejects so much about the LGBT community, it makes me mad :frowning2: