1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding men attractive but wanting a relationship with a woman

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SunshineNY, Aug 11, 2014.

1. SunshineNY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was never big on being in a relationship when I was a little younger and it's never been something I've wanted. I've always found men attractive and would never avert my eyes if Bradley Cooper took his shirt off :icon_wink but equally, I'd never want to be in a relationship with him, or any other guy for that matter.

However, when I started college and began watching Orange Is The New Black. It was only then when I realised that being gay was, and I have to chose my words carefully here, an option almost, that my lack of want and need for a relationship had turned into ignorance and I had never 'explored all my options' or so to speak. If anyone here watched OITNB then you'll know how attractive Laura Prepon and Taylor Schilling are. To be honest, I fell in love with them both and would happily be in a relationship with either of them.

I still look at guys, find them cute, funny and even attractive but I could, or would, never be in a relationship with a guy. It's just something I've never wanted and even struggle to picture. I can see myself with a woman so almost assumed I was gay but finding men attractive still is just confusing. Am I gay?

Thoughts?

2. Najlen

It sounds like you find men aesthetically attractive, as well as finding some male personalities attractive. I am also like this; I would love to be friends with a guy if he had a good personality, but I would only be friends with him.

If you find men sexually attractive, you are most likely a bisexual homoromantic (sexually attracted to men and women but romantically attracted only to women) If you only find men aesthetically attractive but wouldn't want to have sex with one, you are most likely gay.

Only you can figure out who you are. Good luck!

3. SunshineNY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I think you've got it there. I've never wanted a sexual relationship with a guy, it was just finding them physically attractive that really confused me. It's good to know it's not just me!