1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINALLY GOT A HAIRCUT! (also tips for others)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by croftrs147, Jul 29, 2019.

1. croftrs147

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As the title says, I finally got a hair cut after coming out to my friends like 2 months ago. It's amazing how much it helps honestly. So I also decided to share some tips I've gathered for anyone else who may have recently come out, or is closeted so here y'all go:

1) Pictures help. I did a heck ton of googling and found images of hairstyles I liked and then showed them to the stylist to give her an idea of what I wanted. This is also what my friend did and recommended I do.

2) Lesbians are cool. A lot of them have short hairstyles (straight women too) that you can use if you’re still closeted as reference pictures, so your parents aren’t alarmed if you’re using a guy as a reference photo (this is not the only reason lesbians are cool fyi).

3) “I just want to try something different” is a great excuse if your parents are wondering why you want really short hair. If it’s summer you can also use the excuse of “it’ll be cooler” since it’s hot.

4) DO RESEARCH! Don’t just google “short hair styles” or something like that. You want to make sure it fits your face shape and hair type. Like I have pretty thin hair, so I had to make sure it would work with my hair type. Also don’t be afraid to ask the stylist “would this work with my hair?” if you’re unsure.

If anyone else has tips (especially for us closeted folk to get around our parents) feel free to add them! You can also add tips for MTF folks.

LaurenSkye likes this.