1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final fantasy 7 remake!!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

After XIII I'm afraid of what changes they'd try to make if they strayed from the turn-based system.

2. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love turn based as well but it would be nice if they'll try something different in this remake. maybe like dissidia. I enjoyed that battle system of that game... A bit repetitive tho but nonetheless fun.. Maybe tweak it a bit then add materia elements ya?.

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just hope they don't change the battle system to an action game... x_x otherwise it'll just be good to play an actual final fantasy RPG title again... I'm so disillusioned with square at this point that I find it hard to trust them anymore... :/

4. kem

kem

The old games are not going anywhere :grin: You could still experience the turn-based system, but why not bring the game to a format that's more easily accessible to the current generation of gamers?

I heard someone hypothesising that SE might remove all the fun stuff like Cloud in a dress et cetera, because it wouldn't fit the overall tone of the game... what do you think, is it probable?

5. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. How is that fair? I can't enjoy any new games with turn based systems? Just because new gamers think that battle system is old fashioned? I may be part of a niche but that doesn't mean I or anyone else in that niche should be ignored! And to remake a classic RPG that for many of us introduced us to our love of the genre and "modernize" the battle system, would be like spitting in our faces! Sorry, I don't mean to come off as hostile or anything but I've been suffering through a gaming drought for several years now... So I'm a bit passionate on the subject... :icon_sad: (*hug*)

I've held that concern since the idea of the remake was first brought up. It'd suck but I wonder how much of that stuff would still fly today? Idk it's hard to say, it was kind of cartoony before but I wonder what it'll be like in HD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#25 Nekoko, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Final Fantasy VII needs to remain turn-based. It'd be like asking the Star Wars films to get rid of light sabers and replace them with drones.

I'd be surprised if they removed the Cloud-in-a-dress mission, because it plays into a significant part of the game. It isn't a side quest that can be glossed over. And if the concern is the overall tone of the game, well, let's be honest here...

Cloud is one of the reasons the emo-hero trope is, or was, so embedded into gaming culture. Even when I was much younger, I could see how much of a crybaby Cloud was. As much as I enjoyed Final Fantasy VII, it isn't above criticism; having removed the nostalgia goggles, it's easy to see that it was two steps forward, one step back. It was fine with the Materia and battle system, and the scenery is great, but it had a very cliche hero (Cloud) and an overrated villain (Sephiroth).

The best parts of the game were learning about Cid's history, Red XIII, and hell, even Cait Sith. ShinRa was more fascinating, especially with the Turks and Rufus. While Vincent was only a little better in terms of being a walking stereotype, he at least added some layers to ShinRa, especially Hojo, and filled in some plot gaps.

So, I suppose, if they want to make Cloud into even more of a crybaby, so be it. But at least that dress infiltration mission showed depth, which is something Cloud rarely received in that game, and to remove it would be a foolish decision.

7. Night Rain

FFVII is not even my favourite game and I'm excited! xD At least this time FF will have some male characters who don't look all feminine (I'm looking at you Hope).

8. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nomura said in an interview the other day that all the fun, silly moments will be kept and when asked about the cross-dressing scene in HD he said "Please look forward to it." XD

9. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would buy a playstation 4 just to play a remake of FF7.

Happy days :slight_smile:

10. 741852963

NINE! WE WANT NINE NOT SEVEN! :bang:

(and if you think you want seven, no, no you don't. You want nine). :dry:

11. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I seriously just don't know what to think of a FFVII remake. Like I guess I'm mostly excited, but I just started playing FFVII again, and then they announce remakes. Welp, guess there's plenty of time to finish the original. Has an approximate release time/date even been confirmed yet?

12. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Truth be told, for this particular style seven seems a good starting point, but yes, FFIX is my favorite too, but withe the stylized graphics I'd be sad if they tried to make it look realistic, upping the graphics while keeping the art style would be wonderful though!

13. Tamanofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nine is already perfect in my eyes. No remake needed! :slight_smile:

14. 741852963

I'd like to see it released in its original quality, before it was downconverted to work with the Playstation low res graphics. As per:

The lost art of Final Fantasy IX (Mama Robotnik Research Thread) - NeoGAF

They could release it as FFIX HD (like with the FFX game) and sell it for whatever they damn like! I'd buy a PS4 (or 5!) for that.

15. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, there is a side of me that would like to see the characters actually speak and the graphics could use an upgrade. I'd love to see something like this video from 2008 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzB3yHUCTfM

But that said I grew up with this game. I still play it a couple times a year. Though the original graphics show its age it is a masterpiece and it is almost a tragedy to mess with it. Why do they have to remake FF7? Can they not come up with an original story that is every bit as compelling? Though I'd love to see a remake just to know what it could have looked like with today's technology I say leave it alone. Let it be a masterpiece that we still use 20 years later to say hey is your new game better than this. Either that or we need to fix other masterpieces throughout history too. I volunteer to paint eyebrows on the Monalisa

16. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's pretty much what I had in mind, that would be gorgeous! I have my doubt square will do it but it would be amazing if they did!

17. Adam Orzel

Adam Orzel Guest

While I am afraid that they might not do the original justice, I am still very optimistic and unbelievably excited to see this happening.

FF7 is in my opinion the best game in the FF series and one of the best games I have ever played.

I just hope that they do not mess around with the combat system and keep it as is.