Fighting with loneliness every so often

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kaoru Kat, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have been doing really good with loving myself and doing my self-care routines when I am in a bad headspace and still every now and then I struggle with a feeling of loneliness. I have LGBT friends but they are so busy with their dates or their poly-amorous circles that I just kind of get tossed aside. I have to admit that sometimes I feel a little envy towards them. I love and adore myself but sometimes I wish I had a supportive partner to call me cute and dote over me and care about what I have to say. I joined a few LGBT groups online but ended up leaving because the groups were very cliquey and also had a lot of couples that bragged and wrote long lovey-dovey poems to each other. I know that just boils down to immaturity on their part but it still doesn't stop me from feeling some type of way somedays, I have been working on validating myself and it has been working but somedays I crave external validation. Proof that I exist and that I mean something to somebody. I hate days like this.

#1 Kaoru Kat, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You certainly are not alone in feeling the way you do. And it is easy to feel a bit left out when you are the only single person in the group of friends.

I have found that sometimes you find that special someone when you are not actually looking for them.

3. Kaoru Kat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in this as well. But some days I start to feel really left out. I don't want to be in a relationship because I have college and work and bills to deal with but sometimes I do feel like I am missing out or something.