1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feminine or Masculine Types? [2-part Question]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hizaki, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Hizaki

I'm sure these questions have popped up many times, but I'll ask them again. I suppose they apply more to the far ends of the sexuality spectrum, and not those who are "somewhere in between".

1. Are you into the more masculine or feminine types of your own gender? Why?

I'm a guy who's into others who are somewhat effeminate. I don't like guys dressed as girls, per se, but I would go for one that is medium-height and skinny with small shoulders. I'm not into guys that happen to look like me (at least not right now), which leads me to...

2. Do you feel yourself to be on the masculine or feminine end of your gender?

I fit a lot more on the masculine side of "male". Broad shoulders, chin strap, etc. Also, I don't really act feminine when speaking. Thing is, I'd rather be slightly towards the other side, so I'm very slowly changing things like my hair and clothing and such. :icon_wink

What about you guys?

2. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like people all over the spectrum and I'm genderfluid, so where I fall changes too.

3. Hizaki

Well that doesn't say much! ^_^

4. AlamoCity

I prefer masculine men. Give me a guy in Wranglers, boots, and a Stetson and I'm in love (kidding, but I do love guys that dress like "blue-collar guys" :lol:slight_smile:.

Personally, I would say that I'm center-masculine. I don't exactly dress fashionably (i.e. according to the latest trends), but I do dress well. I can be caring, but protective; I have a short temper, but I change the channel when St.Jude's commercials pop up. I can cook, but I can also do average repair work around the house and listen to country music while doing doing that. In essence, I have traits that are socially viewed as "masculine" and "feminine." That said, I identify more with my masculime side.

Note: I know I relied on stereotypes and such :lol:.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I usually prefer more feminine looking guys. Call it narcissism. Maybe it's because they look the way I use to look when I was 18 or 19. My appearance has changed a lo in 4 or 5 years. It's like I hit puberty way too late and now it's happening all it once. I looked in the mirror back then, telling myself... "I'd hit that." Now... well... let's just say I'm happy if a man calls me handsome or good looking. If some feminine looking cutie around 18 or 19 said I was sexy, I'd call that a freaking miracle from God. (Which hasn't happened yet... sadly.) It's a form of twisted narcissism. Trying to keep the image of my old self eternal through the appearance of others. That's my attraction to the physical characteristics. The mental characters is a whole other ball game. If, I think your drop dead cute or sexy, it's because I see myself from years ago.

2.I find myself to be more masculine. Which I hate.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    'Kay the use of the word "gender" in your questions, kinda excludes me from the group. XD So I'm going to take it very loosely.

I like masculine types of people, although a fashion forward masculine-type-being.

The nature of my gender is to be in the middle. Given that, I feel more masculine and am making changes to appear that way too.

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Definitely feminine. I'm only attracted to feminine guys, and I especially love crossdressers.

Despite certain hobbies and interests, I consider myself masculine.

8. Hizaki

I hope you know I didn't mean for it to, but I'm not sure how I could ask while applying it to everybody :confused:

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Both and neither.

It's more so about how somebody clicks with themselves, if that makes sense. Person A could be stereotypically feminine, and if she has an enjoyable personality, then that's great. Person B could be more masculine, but still a woman, and if she too has an enjoyable personality, then that's great as well. Same with men, or anybody on the gender spectrum.

I guess that makes my response inconclusive? Lol.

Unfortunately, I lean a bit more to the masculine. It's how I was raised and how I got through, so, it is difficult to let go of some of that, especially when it was effective and worked. I tend to be a take-action-type of individual, and when pushed, I don't like rolling over. I'm persistent, doggedly so at times, and then there's my language. I don't cuss constantly, but I do use it in my conversations, and it's considered unlady-like to many. I, personally, believe my cursing is done with fuckin' class, but I digress.

Even though I'd love to be pretty, I'd still want to be able to kick ass. Simple as that, really. I adore the beauty + strength combo, even if I don't have much of the former, and a great deal of the latter.

10. Hizaki

"... My cursing is done with fuckin' class, but I digress."

that's so great

11. tulipinacup

1.Mine is probably complicated. While I do prefer masculine men and who are very butch, It attracts me more when they have their campy side. I also like butch men who are bottoms and wouldn't mind to be submissive. Even though these are some things that I want for a guy, I would still prioritise personality at the end of the day.

2.I would think that I'm on the middle. While I don't wear skirts or make up, I would usually prefer cooking/baking over playing basketball but I also thrive for doing extremes like Bungee Jumping/Skydiving , Rafting etc.

12. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm more into masculine Gay men...But, I'll take a feminine Gay man too...

As for me, I look and mostly act masculine...I have a deep voice, chin fuzz, and I'm comfortable working in a dirty job...But, I have my Campy Gay moments...My wrist sometimes goes limp, I love Disco music, and I sometimes use the word "honey" when I address my female friends...The funny thing is that my female friends say that the campy gestures don't fit me because I look too masculine...

13. Hizaki

Ah! The wrists! That's my most feminine characteristic! I never even thought that about my hands before, but in hindsight it seems they have minds of their own XD

14. Acm

Acm Guest

I tend to prefer masculine or androgynous guys, but I'm sure I could like a feminine guy.

I think I'm somewhere between androgynous and masculine.

15. Burnedcloset

I'm not 100% on either question. My answer could change with more life experience. I've never truly found a answer to either yet. I'm just guessing based on how I feel today. Once I can explore my gender expression more and actually start to 'date', I'll have a better answer

I'm generally interested in guys in the middle area. Sometimes I'm feeling more masculine macho men (not very often). Never too masculine though, just a little more on one side. Sometimes I'm feeling more into feminine soft guys (more often). Not too feminine though. Either extreme is too much for me to handle and I get annoyed.

I like the idea of being protected and protecting someone. there is a side of me that likes to feel in control....like really in control.

I'm definetly in the middle. But, I'm slightly fluid and I teeter totter a little. Sometimes I'm more feminine, other times I'm more masculine. I don't do anything that I would think make me masculine or feminine really. I'm just me.

16. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I seriously have no idea who I am attracted to if we talk about gender expression and looks. It can be almost anyone. It's more important what they are inside. It's about the personality.

I think I am more masculine than feminine.

17. antibinary

I'm more what's considered masculine and I'm into more what's considered masculine.

18. RemakeJake

Interesting question! I'll have to use stereotypes to form the bases of my answers but ah well :slight_smile:

If you had asked me a few months ago, I definitely would've said masculine. BUT, it's not that my tastes have changed at all, I just think I was wrong about my own preferences, if that makes sense. I love a guy with a great sense of fashion, an extremely romantic personality, and a very affectionate personality, and those are stereotypically feminine qualities.

I would say I'm in the middle. For example, I don't get undeniably called gay nor straight, but if someone finds out I'm gay, they'd think "Oh, I can see that." You know what I mean? :slight_smile:

19. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. I am attracted to all types of guys really. I don't know if it is just because I have come out or not. I don't like super super masculine or super super feminine though. I don't like guys who cross dress though, I will say that. I am cool with guys who have a high pitched voice and may be on the more sensitive side. I also like guys with some muscles. The main thing in a long term relationship is that a guy can hold a conversation with me. I don't mind a guy who is into fashion. I find confidence and openness to be very attractive.

2. I am on the more masculine side in one way in that I have played sports, am very confident in my beliefs, and am kind of a messy. However, I am submissive in the bedroom and not mechanically inclined. I tend to cry very easily and have thin skin. I struggle to find my place in the community often. I would rather be on the feminine side of things, but I don't know if changing how I look or act is appropriate or true to how I've been.

20. Jellal

I like girls who are feminine in appearance, but masculine behavior is more appealing to me. I'm definitely more on the masculine end of my gender ... though I should mention that I don't place much stock in the words feminine and masculine. At the end of the day, people do what they do, and what's masculine or feminine changes depending on who you ask. I think it's fun to trollishly call random things "manly" without any sense of logic or purpose. Sorta like what Elfman does in Fairy Tail. "No way! Snakes aren't manly enough to fly!" lol wut