1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Feminine' Gays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Moonstrike, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Flyers2011

The video makes a very good point, basically it's a "we must stand together or we'll grow apart" kind of thing.

The people who oppose gays, and even some who support us might follow the stereotype. It's not fair to us, but it's not a person who fits that stereotype's fault. Sure, they might reinforce the stereotype but if that's who they really are they shouldn't have to change.

People would still be prejudiced toward gay people even if there were no feminine gays. It's something that they disagree with so no matter what form it embodies they will hate it. It's just how it works. The WBC doesn't hold up signs that say "God Hates Feminine Fags", they just say "God Hates Fags."

Yes, many strides have been made in the gay community by feminine gays. But if we look at it that way, aren't we just looking at the stereotype? Shouldn't we try to see the person (or people) behind it? Shouldn't what they thought and what they felt and what they did for the community matter more than whether or not they have feminine tendencies?

2. FizzDurand

FizzDurand Guest

im not gonna lie im a feminine gay but not a boy who wants to be a girl if you know what i meanim quite happy being a gay boy ... but being feminine has absolutely nothing to do with being gay its a personality traite it just so happens that most men who are feminine are gay but thats my opinion :grin: x

3. VampConspiracy

...So, you're a feminine gay person. You're still human, right? And you have a personality like all humans do, right? Femininity is just part of your personality. No big deal. And as long as you don't murder, pillage, or otherwise perform a true atrocity, you're not in the wrong.

I hate society's current structure. Sometimes it feels just fine that I never had the skills to join it.

4. TheJoker

Even if gays can't be ok with feminen gays,how can straight people can be ok with gays? :roflmao:Gay people should be less prejudged than straight people,imo.

5. Just Adam

Being fem doesent hurt gay equality. Guys whoring it around does that.

personally I kinda like fem guys ..... Overly camp not for me but each their own.