1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings on dating a super virgin?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shyguy5, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Shyguy5

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and points of view. :slight_smile: I know when I have my first boyfriend/relationship sex will happen when I'm ready. I wonder if guys my age or older would get bored or pressure me. Since I never got that innocent teenage/high school dating experience, I plan on taking things slow (sex is definitely not on my mind early on).

For those of you that dated a "super virgin", how did you deal with not doing the things that you're use to in a relationship?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I worry about this too for the same reason--when it comes to guys I'm still a supervirgin. Let's just say there are things I'm ready to do right away and others I'd rather wait on, and whether I'm hooking up or in a relationship whoever I'm with had better be ok with that.

Sorry I can't give you any advice but I can tell you you're definitely not alone.

3. RainbowMan

I'm still a super virgin - unless you count one high school fling with a girl (I certainly don't, and I certainly never took her to bed....)

Do I think there's something wrong with me? Nah, not because of that anyhow. Everyone has their own timing, and I'm personally just out. Some guys might find it super hot that you're their first, and that you have that kind of trust/respect for them.

4. Nicholas1991

Im a supervirgin too, in every sense of the word. I kinda feel like I've missed out on so much compared to everyone else, but actually being with another guy seems like such a big step at the moment...

5. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I myself am a super virgin. When in conversations about things of that nature I start to feel uncomfortable because I most likely won't have that high school romance. I as well haven't experience my first kiss or had a relationship. I agree with Nicholas, I tend to feel like I've missed out on something in comparison to others.

My advise to you is to lose your virginity to someone who is really special to you. I myself will only have sex with someone I "love." Which means I'll probably be waiting a little while.

Also I personally find relationships something to be taken seriously, I've seen people get together simply because it's popular or something stupid along those lines.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Important note here: most relationships do actually start from square one.

It's not because you've been in one before, that you can just skip the whole "awkward being in love" part in all your future relationships. There's still going to be that "does he like me too?" part, that "can I really be sure of my feelings?" part, and that "Is sleeping with each other already a good idea?" part.
    And even when sex happens, people aren't identical robots. Something that drives one person wild might cause another person to fall asleep with boredom.

Frankly, I've seen people of all ages around me fall in love, and pretty much all of them acted like innocent teenagers all over again when it happened.
    Also... try not to idealise teenage love TOO much. It's not as if all teenagers are bashful and supersweet when they're first in love. And much of the time, teenagers can put just as much pressure on each other to jump ahead or jump into bed as adults can.

So in short: don't let "being a virgin" define you. When you come out as GLBTQ, you're saying to the world "I'm not straight, and I don't need an excuse for that!". Being without relationship experience is kind of like that. I never slept with anyone until I was 29, and sure, my friends occasionally pointed out that that meant I was later than most. And at first, I'd be bumbling and making up excuses and it was this awkward semi-secret. Until at one point, I just said "screw it. I just haven't gotten the right guy yet, and I don't need an excuse for that! When I do get the right guy, I'll more than make up for it!"

And guess what? They respected it. It became a topic like any other. It wasn't a deep shameful secret because I didn't treat it like one. When I did get to the part of mutual crushing with a guy, we discussed lack of experience in a pretty casual way and just took things slowly (well, it did help that he was also without any experience). and it worked out pretty well.

7. Kaabool

Kaabool Guest

I honestly think the reason he said why is probably he felt you are too attractive and have no good reason to not have one...so it was a..oh my God what a waste why, rather than what's wrong with you why.

Just a guess.

8. Shyguy5

Thank you for the advice :slight_smile:. I hope all my waiting will lead me to an understanding honest guy. As for the awkwardness in dating, I don't know how I'll do since I'm pretty awkward. Friends (mostly girls than guys) have labeled my personality as "cute" and i don't think that attracts most guys.