1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for my female professor

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainy30, Aug 29, 2018.

1. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This woman walked into my life five weeks ago. She is one of my lecturers at university and I only see her once a week for two hours while she gives our lecture. She doesn't even know me personally - to her I'm just another student. My lecture is quite small though, and she often makes eye contact with me (but with everyone else, too). For some reason, she has had a huge effect on me and I cannot stop thinking about her. Honestly, it's weird. I feel I recognise her presence and her eyes from somewhere before... I am completely infatuated and extremely sexually attracted to her, despite her being around 40 (I'm a 23 year old bisexual female). When I see her, my heart pounds so damn fast and I can barely focus. God, she's beautiful.

Her personality is simply wonderful - I'm so drawn to her warmth, her passion and her entire being. The sound of her voice makes me melt. I feel slightly obsessed with her, though I know it's pointless because at the end of semester I'll probably never see her again. I keep fantasising about her and daydreaming about interactions we could have, but it will never happen. I feel utterly depressed knowing that this radiant, intelligent, gorgeous, kind woman will disappear from my life in about six weeks. I don't know why she has had such an impact on me - normally I don't think twice about my lecturers. By the way, I'm not looking for a "motherly figure" or anything like that. I genuinely want to know her... I wish I had the courage to talk to her after the lecture, but perhaps it's best I don't. Plus, she is probably married. I'm so miserable, but I wish her all the happiness in the world. Does anyone understand?

#1 rainy30, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there, look you are not alone in this. Many people have been in your shoes and it’s more common than you think. Having feelings for someone we can’t have is tough. Keep busy, give it time. Even if nothing will come of it, you could still let her know that you enjoyed her lectures. I wish you all the best and please, don’t lose hope and let this keep you from seeing what else is out there.

rainy30 likes this.
  3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think lots of people get a special attraction or crush on someone. I had a couple high school teachers and a college professor that were good looking and had my attention during class.