1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for “confused” roommate

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ank11451, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Ank11451

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, I find myself coming back to EC when I can’t get ahold of my emotions, like now.

This is a long thread......

I recently moved into an all queer house, well, that’s what it was advertised as, with 3 other women. 2 women are in a committed relationship with each other, I am a single lesbian, and the third is “confused” about her sexuality.

As time grew, I started connected with the third roommate . The first time we went out together, we held hands on the uber home( I was pretty drunk) but that was it. The next day we went to breakfast & she said she could date a girl. I asked her if she could have sex with one and she said she didn’t know and couldn’t answer that question because she didn’t know. We started getting closer, spending each night after work together in the kitchen over tea. One night,randomly, she told me about the first time she thought she could date a girl, which was in college where she met a really attractive friend she developed feelings for but nothing came of it. I didn’t think much of her “maybes” bc I have had my heart broken by girls who were just experimenting, so I don’t pay much attention to ppl who don’t know their sexuality.

Anyway, weeks pass and we are watching tv in her bed almost every night, but not touching or anything. And I am returning to my bed.

She goes out with a group of people one night, and I meet up with her. She asks me if she can kiss me in front of everyone and I say yes on the cheek, so she does. Then later ends up leaving me and my friends and making out wiTh a dude she met that night .

Weeks pass and we continue to get close. She goes on a date with the dude mentioned before and has an awful time. She comes to my room as she as she gets home to “check on me” and tell me how bad her date was. I couldn’t comfort her ( like I usually do when she’s upset) because I was so upset she went on the date and didn’t want to show.

I haven’t really hung out with her since because I really like her and I don’t want to because she’s my roommate and I don’t think she likes me as much as I like her and don’t want to get hurt.

Should I distance myself from her? Could she be into me? Did I miss my shot? Ahhh, any advice is appreciated.

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since she's still in that questioning phase, I'd take a step back until she figures things out. Continue to enjoy the friendship, of course, but try not to make too much of it.
    At least that's what I would do.

3. Lynn12

Lynn12 Guest

I don't think you have missed your shot. Have you made it official with her? Have you taken her on activities outside the home where you can bond? Do bonding activities with her, and see how that improves your relationship. She may be acting the way she's acting because she doesn't know what you want from her. If you don't want to have a romantic relationship with her, keep it platonic. Figure out what type of relationship you want form her.