1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling unworthy of love

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Keephating7, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Keephating7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 20 year old with no job, no car, no dating exprerence. I have depression, social anxiety, as well as other emotional issues. That's really all I see about myself and I can't think of much positive. I often get told I look angry or upset even without realizing it. Because I'm always stressed about something. I feel like I am always looking for the worst parts of myself because I feel unworthy of being happy or getting positive attention. Which I hardly get anyway. I try to avoid talking to strangers or flirting with people because I feel so lost and confused with what there reaction will be. How can anyone like you when you don't like yourself? I have no idea what this feeling is but I feel so alone. So has anyone ever felt like maybe your not worth anyone special being intrested in you?

2. Gen

Gen

People can love us even when we are unable to love ourselves because they see everything that makes up the person that they come to love. When we feel unworthy of love and support, we feel that way because of fragments of ourselves. We feel that way because there are things about us that we haven't found a way to accepted or find value in. We tend to not consider the various things that make us unique and invaluable.

You have plenty worth loving. It will simply require that you make peace with the various aspect of yourself that are clouding your perception in order to see that. You have to ask yourself, what it is about you that makes you feel shameful? Anyone can be hit with rough financial times and struggle with their emotions. Many people have at some point; but that doesn't change the fact that beauty can be found inside of each and every one of them. You have to accept that you are certainly no different.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Listen to Gen. And have a hug, a big one (*hug*)

That you're stressed is not your fault. That people might see you as down or angry is not your fault. That you don't see yourself in a positive light is not your fault. None of it is your fault.

From what little I know of you, you seem like a really loveable person. If you ever want to chat, I'll take time off to talk to you. Because I care about you, because you're special and because you are you.

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead... But remember this; you have friends here. You're not alone."