1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like a horrible person

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by xfemmelesbian, May 13, 2023.

1. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,

I was just having a think and I feel like an abhorrent person for ranting on EC in my previous thread that I made and it has allowed me to reflect on everything in my life.

I feel as if I am a bad person for a lot of things in my life, even if they were out of my control and it’s making me re-evaluate myself and if I should continue as I am. I try to be a good person but I am starting to become aware that I am probably over bearing and to be frank, nosey. I have been told that I talk too much, that i’m too loud. I just want to be friendly and help people in my life but I’m starting to doubt myself and maybe I should just tone myself down. I even worry that my online presence comes across this way. I shouldn’t be feeling this way, I should be happy and excited. I’m proposing to the love of my life next Saturday. I have spoken to her about this snd she was lovely. I just hope that things will pick up.

This post is in no way me wanting any sort of pity. Anyway, have a great day everyone!

AnxiousReader likes this.
  2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're absolutely fine, you've done nothing wrong at all. I feel the same about myself because of my depression and anxiety. I semi-ghost and sometimes block people who are surprised. I need a lot of time and space and a lot of the time when I'm not feeling needy I don't have a lot of positive feelings about many people at all. Inside a lot of the time I'm the opposite of a people person so I feel like I can be horrible too. But I think I'm only human. So are you and being friendly and helping people is not a bad thing at all. Please don't listen to those doubts because they are lying to you.

Also I know it's just me replying again but I'm sure a lot of other people on here would say the same thing.

Wanderlost, xfemmelesbian and Rayland like this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fully okay to rant. I think we all need sometimes to get our feelings out and it does help us to get a better perspective about them as well. This is what EC is for. To help others maybe by offering them a different perspective or maybe a scientific fact that helps you to understand life better or having others there who can relate and I definitely can by thinking that I'm most awful person in the world, but we're not bad people, we're just people and people feel emotions, get exited, are curious and make mistakes, but also learn from them and that's all just life.

Wanderlost, mnguy and xfemmelesbian like this.
  4. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your support, it’s much appreciated! I’m sorry you feel the same, it’s not nice. I have been the same and I’m really trying not give into my BPD urges and act impulsively by blocking people. Ahh it really sucks you feel that way and I wish I could help you more. I’m a massive people person but I feel like a lot of people don’t like me as a person. I think I need to listen to what you’re saying but it’s just so difficult when I feel emotions so intensely. Your doubt are lying to you as well, because I don’t think you’re horrible.

Cinnamoon likes this.
  5. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your support and you are completely right! I’m sorry you feel that way, you’re not a bad person at all. I honestly have a lot to learn from.

Rayland likes this.
  6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry whatever was upsetting you from people, but of course you should vent and get your thoughts and feeling out all you want! I relate about feeling emotions intensely, but it's just the negative ones I get very strong. I think from being a highly sensitive person. Feeling joy really strongly would be a foreign feeling it would scare me lol. Maybe you need some chill pills to calm down, kidding, it's good you are enthusiastic and enjoy being alive! You're all good, hang in there! :hugging:

Wanderlost likes this.
  7. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm getting better at not thinking awful stuff about myself and EC has helped me a lot here and I hope EC will help you as well. I will try as well. If you ever wish to talk, then were here for you.

8. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much and i’m glad you’re getting better at it. EC has helped me a lot!

Rayland likes this.
  9. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always feel bad after a rant as well. Which is why I don't go on rants very often. I get very self conscious about coming off as unfeeling or bitchy, and then regret. I actually figured I'd get a warning on here a couple times because of my sarcasm. Somehow I've avoided this but I'm always self aware and second guessing how I come off in my posts here and in my speech in person. My dad always gave me good advice on the topic of self evaluation. Something like, "if one person is saying a thing about you, then it's probably them, but if a bunch of people are saying the same things, then it could be you." This applies to things like where to lay blame, or identifying blind spots, or stances in arguments, etc. When this happens I do tend to take stock of my behaviors, attitudes, etc., and make adjustments if needed. For you specifically though, I don't get your concern because I think you're a lovely person and you're rants are from the heart and we all need that outlet. On here it is practically harmless since you appear to have some common sense about how you come across. I do find it sorta funny and cute that you literally posted a new topic about another topic. haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Wait, I think I did that too once...shit, nevermind.

AnxiousReader likes this.