Feeling good!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staticinmyattic, Jul 3, 2023.

1. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been working out every day for a week and a half. Nothing major, 30 minutes on the treadmill consistently each day. I feel great physically and emotionally, but there's something else there. I don't know what word to use other than feminine. When I'm physically healthy and emotionally happy, I feel feminine. Thinking about my identity as a person of transgender experience, envisioning myself transitioning, these things aren't making me shut down or go numb like they have in the past. They make me...dare I say... happy?

I had a customer service interaction with someone who's name tag said "He/him," but based on appearance I would not have otherwise clocked as male. Having a conversation with this guy and making a point of saying "Hey, thanks man" for the genuinely awesome work he did appeared to make his day, and it made mine too. Maybe I don't get to be seen as who I actually am, but making other people feel seen goes a long way. I like making the world feel a little friendlier for queer people even if (especially if?) barely anyone knows I'm queer myself.

Rayland and mnguy like this.
  2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome you've been able to stay on a regular workout and you're feeling all those good things! I hope you keep feeling happy and feminine and spreading it like you did with that clerk. You did a nice thing and you felt good too. I wish everyone would seek feeling good by doing good for others like you, rather than reject people and expect everyone has to conform to unhealthy norms. Keep up the kindness :slight_smile: