1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling depressed re dating

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Luria77, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Luria77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the support here! It's been a totally rough year for me- I left my husband earlier this year (finally I'm going to see a lawyer on Friday!), realized I'm pretty gay, starting going to lesbian meetups/ seeing people on dating apps etc. But it's all overwhelming at the moment- I would love to meet someone, but then on the other hand, I'm not even sure I should be in any relationship (even casual). Ugh. And some girls have expressed interest in me, but I had no attraction to them (but I do like them as friends!), and when I did meet someone I was attracted to, she wasn't interested in me. Boohoo :frowning2: I feel so depressed...but then I think I should just not even date at all- impending divorce, taking care of my child etc etc. Some people seem able to jump into new relationships right away, but I guess I'm just not there (but it would be nice to be intimate with someone, well, that's pretty messy I think, being in a FWB situation).
    Any advice? Whyyyyyyyyyy is it all so complicated? Why am I such a mess? :frowning2:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I dont think you sound a mess, I think you just have a lot going on. When you have so much going on it can feel really overwhelming and as though you will never come out the other side. I think you just need to take it one step at a time, focus on the next thing you want to achieve and work towards that.
    You might not be ready to date right now but that doesn't mean you wont ever. I am sure when the time is right you will meet someone where the feeling is mutual.

Nic2552 likes this.
  3. Broccoli

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree - in less than a year you have ended a serious relationship, realised your sexuality is different from what you always thought it was, started going to meet-ups and started dating girls. That is a huge amount of stuff for one person to handle (I'm in awe of you!) and it's no surprise at all if you're finding all the changes a bit overwhelming. I don't really have any advice (I'm not as far ahead as you are) but I think you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for everything you've done and cut yourself some slack :slight_smile:.

4. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Silverhalo, definitely take it one step at a time , don’t rush just enjoy your life, you took a huge step in finding yourself. In time you will find a women.. but right now meet people, your out and should be proud of yourself. Explore your sexuality now.. don’t follow the trend of jumping into another relationship so fast.. I wouldn’t recommend it

Luria77 likes this.