1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel worthless need help

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Yeahyeah2, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone please help, this is urgent. I feel so worthless right now. I don't know what to do. I cannot talk to anyone and really feel I just want to lay down and cannot do that right now, I'm at work. Having a crisis.

I don't know what to do and why I am worried about everything D: I hate this and I cannot find anything I like about myself. help help help

RIP

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on your post alone, are you having an anxiety attack or are you prone to anxiety?
    Deep breath. Go to rest room for 20 minutes .. it will be OK
    What are the issues behind this do you think?

3. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am worried about something is going to happen to my family, my bf, people I love. If it is not that, then I start worrying I am not enough and that they will see me as a stupid person or that I won't even matter to them anymore which makes me feel sad and worthless. I don't want to ever feel like I did in the past when people left.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like a classic combination of anxiety / low self image.
    but if it is distressing you in your daily life it may be something you need some real help with
    Have you any support, doctor or therapist you can confide in?

5. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go to therapy- Although they are not all the time around so when I feel like this I feel the need to tell it but I don't know where, sometimes I write but it is not the same, sometimes I want to tell another person and when I tell to my bf, I feel I am pushing him away making him think I'm crazy or that he doesn't want to deal with this.

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this seems to be a common thread in your life but you need to keep reminding yourself it is mostly a feeling from the way your brain is wired.
    fear of “something that MIGHT happen” is a classic sign of anxiety
    Actually the reality is less dramatic and does not justify the overwhelming panic feelings.

There may be a case for getting some short term meds from your doctor just to manage the immediate anxiety.
    That could develop to some longer term meds to help steady things.
    You need to manage this with some professional help, some distraction techniques, and even mindfulness or meditation may be worth considering.

The actual issues going on do not justify this extreme worry and so I think this really can be an anxiety condition which needs some professional help. Anxiety is more common than you think and no need to be embarrassed about getting some help
    To be honest, therapy is great but it’s more of a long term thing whereas you may just need some chemical assistance shirt term

As for your BF, maybe share some of it with him so he knows something is going on.
    You don’t have to tell him 100% of what’s going on but just enough. Telling him 0% is also the other extreme and not helpful keeping it all bottled up
    and he may be very empathetic
    and “a problem shared is a problem halved”

7. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

I wanted to write this in hopes that it might help you. I agree with everything @bingostring said.

I have high functioning anxiety and have low self esteem. I know how overwhelming it all can get. When you feel really anxious, then first try to calm down. It's good to first pinpoint what causes your anxiety and then take in deep breaths and repeat to yourself that everything is okay. This is what have helped me calm down.

I think it would be a good idea to talk to a psychiatrist and get help from anxiety medication. I'm taking medication and it does help. If one medication or it's not the right dosage, then it can be changed.

It's also important to have support from others. Don't keep bottling things inside.

8. Yeahyeah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But if I did that a lot now, they will get annoyed and will leave :c I don't know what to do. I'd like to disappear. I don't want to die but I don't know what to do this afternoon for example. I can't imagine me doing anything and that scares me. Also it scares me that my bf really doesn't care about me anymore

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In relationships the most important thing is communication. You could try and tell your boyfriend about your worries and fears. I'm sure he would understand.

10. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just want to say you're not worthless. I'm sorry you're going through so much right now but you're doing the right thing by talking to people here. Please keep communicating, I know what it's like to fear driving people away because of my problems but here you really don't have to feel that way.