1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like mom won't believe I'm bisexual. Advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by geekysarah, Sep 16, 2017.

1. geekysarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this is probably posted a million times but I need advice.
    I want to come out as bisexual to my parents. I'm 25 and have only had boyfriends. I just feel like, if I tell my mom, it's not like she will be angry but she won't believe me?
    I really don't think she will believe that I like girls too, because I've always shown an interest in guys around her.
    How do I go about it? How do I get her to believe me?
    I currently have a boyfriend btw, but I've decided if I'm ever single again I want to date girls.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you really need her to believe you though? I personally would just come out to her and let her deal with her own feelings about it the way she sees fit. I am way too much on the gay side now for people I know to actually not believe me, but if for some reasons someone doesn't believe me then I just let them be. I know myself and I am confident enough in my sexuality and in who I am to not need them to believe me.
    You say if you ever become single again you want to date girls, wouldn't that be enough proof that you are bi? If your mother doesn't want to believe you in the meantime or just think it is a phase, does it really matter? With time, if you end up dating women long-term (or even short term) she probably will naturally accept the fact that you are indeed bi. And who knows, she might actually surprise you and believe you from the get go. ;-)