1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel creepy for having a crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Doodette, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Doodette

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if anyone else experiences this I imagine they do but I've never seen people talk about it. If I get feelings for someone I feel like I'm being creepy for the way I think about them especially since I know it's one sided but also cause girls often have some creepy people talk to them or flirt with them in a way that makes them uncomfortable, especially if they're not interested. I also have been told if I do talk about someone I like that I'm being creepy or girls have said they'd be uncomfortable if a girl flirted with them the way they'd be uncomfortable if a weird guy flirted with them

2. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i don't think there is anything creepy about your feelings/desires/needs. i think it only becomes creepy if you push those on someone who does not want them. If your being told your being creepy because you tell someone about your feelings, i think you're telling the wrong person, that doesn't make your desires or needs creepy. i'd vet those people first if you consider them friends and ask them straight up if you can share those things before sharing them. If they don't want to hear it, then i wouldn't share those things. i think you could also find some friends that you can be open with who don't consider your same sex attractions "creepy."

Doodette and Chillton like this.
  3. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get what you're driving at. In the past many girls have told me and many men that we were creepy for flirting, talking, or simply existing like it was a crime. ( I have heard similar comments directed towards lesbians as well). It made me feel like a monster because men are often stereotyped as an aggressor or violent, for simply existing as a man. These accusations made me feel diminished as a person and led me down a road of internal conflict. However later in life I learned you will be judged for anything and everything you do, no matter how big or nuisance it may be. If you're not being judged for your sexuality, you'll be judged for something totally random like how you peel an orange. (which has happened to me lol). You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would rather be damned for living my life honestly, rather than worrying 24/7 about being judged by people who don't respect me. Or for things out of my control. Sure it can be a drag but what can you do.

So I wouldn't worry about people's warped perceptions and believe in your intentions. Those girls just resort to judging because they don't like being out of their comfort zone, they're too lazy to bother having an open mind, or they just lack manners and decency. So judgement isn't too deep. It's shallow and it will always be shallow.

Side bar tangent. One time I got judged for wearing dirty shoes on a rainy/muddy day, and another time a girl thought of me as less of a man because I was driving the speed limit on the highway. I just laughed and told her I was going the speed limit because I didn't have any plans to die today. So after being judged for bizzaro/warped nonsense my entire life, I just stopped caring what people thought about me. Sometimes it can get to me, but I don't let it control me.

#3 Chillton, Apr 13, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    Doodette likes this.