1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Coming Outs?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by davo-man, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Zec24

My friend and I have a mutual friend who is gay, we'll call him Bob. So this was the conversation:

Me: Well I have something to tell you, I'm sure you'll be fine with it, but its still hard for me to admit so this may take a few minutes for me to get it out.
    Her: I'm waiting, it can't be that bad.
    Me: Okay, so I'm kinda the female version of Bob...
    Her: Haha, wow. I already knew that, or at least I kinda figured. Your not anyone's version of girly, not that that makes you gay, but...Oh, should I have asked you back in high school? Did you want me to ask?
    Me: No, I probably would have given you a crazy look and run the other way.

Not too funny, but it was the best coming out conversation I've had yet only because it was more lighthearted than my first coming out.

2. davo-man

One of by best friends names is Bob, except shes a girl (its a nock name, her parents didnt actually curse her with the name Bob) and when i came out to her she literally said "Dave i know you're joking" so im like "Hmmm, so you want me to get a guy and kiss him just so i can prove it?"

After that she believed me and gave me a big hug...it was good and funny

3. thecoolmexican

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The first person I ever came out to was my favorite teacher in 9th grade. She always stood up for homosexuality when someone would say something about in class so I defenitely knew I could trust her. We had these journals we'd write in everyday and I got pretty tired of always having to write about guys when we had those lovey-dovey topics about relationships like "what would be your perfect date?" ya know? So I wrote that I felt I had to be completely honest and that I was attracted to girls too.

Then I tried to avoid eye contact with her for a while 'cause I was kinda scared. And I had such a huge crush on her that I didn't want her to figure it out.

I returned to her class that monday and she greeted me with a smile and said "my Ana".
    Then I got my notebook back and saw that she wrote...
    "Don't feel awkward. You feel what you feel and you love who you love"

It was heartwarming. Though, I didn't come out to anyone else for about a year. I wish I would've told her in person though. Eitherway, it's still a nice memory. And no, she never found out I liked her. :slight_smile:

4. Corey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    definately my favorite time coming out, would be to one of my closest guy mates. I had already told 2 of my other close friends, and he was next. So anyways we were all at a party, and i wanted to tell him on this night, but i kept pushing further and further into the night, drinking and drinking, more and more, until finally he was leaving (i didn't noticed he had left either). I leaned over to one of my guy mates that i had told earlier on, and he said that he was in his car, he was leaving. I shot up out of my seat, and ran out to the driveway, only to c him sitting in his car. I got in the passenger seat, and said i need to tell u something. I sat there for a good minute trying to convince myself to do it. The entire time he is telling me he has to be home in 5 min. So i got out of the car and started to go inside, and then he was like: just tell me, so ran to his drivers side window (and in my head i remember saying "fuck it"), and i just walked up and said, "I am gay", and he was just like: "what?!" and i statred going back inside, and he is calling after me to come back and explain... but every time he did i told him he was going to be late getting home. I don't think i ever spoke much about it to him again...
    its true alcohol does help

5. vixx123

vixx123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    coming out to bff she is the coolset ppl ever she waz like i love you for who u r not beczuse of what you like and she thinks i have a gaydar lol!! but it is so cool because now we go to teen clubs together and it's awsome so that's my coming out now i'm lookin for the guy of my dreams that why i joined here

6. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    mine would have to be during an after school art lession between me and a friend of mine
    it went like this

me: know how are always wanted a gay friend?
    her: yea what about it
    me: well you got one
    her: who (insert another friends name here)?
    me:no ...
    her: then who?
    me: ME
    her: no way
    me: yes way
    her: really ?
    me: uh uea really
    her: (jumps up and screams) omg omg thats so cooool
    rest of class:frowning2:stare at her )
    teacher: what are you doing ??

so yea it was funniest one . o.0 i need to update my status over here

7. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

The first time. I was sitting with a few people and we had been drinking, we were talking about boys and my gay guy friend turned to me and asked me if I liked girls. I said yes. He gave me the tightest hug in the world (my favorite hug) and told me how proud of me he was and that I could call him for support any time I needed to. He's definitely one of my favorite people, but he lives in Connecticut and goes to school in New York and I live in Arizona so I see him like twice a year.

8. Linkmaste

Oh boy my favourite...okay got it!

It was in my other friends house and I already told two of my closest friends (more like they found out and made me realize) but we were talking and suggling and I felt how warm I was like having her on my lap. She kept watching the movie (I was bearly) and I kissed her forhead...thinking back I would have just made the damn kiss.

I closed my eyes and surprise surprise we kissed. Then I broke apart and she asked "How was that?" I grinned and kissed her again. Her: I take it your into women.

Me: Yeah...

It was warming and kinda funny but its also one of my most worst choices I made.

9. Jesse Jinx

My favorite was my sister. We were on vacation in alaska, and we were walking through one of the tourist towns and the rest of the family was walking up ahead. She has had a lesbian and a gay friend forever, so I knew I could trust her, but I was still so nervous because it was the first in my immediate family I was coing out to.

Apparently I was so awkward that after all of the fumbling of "um.. so I don't know how to say this.... I'm really nervous... ugh, I'm scared" when I finally blurted out "so I'm bi" She laughed and said "Oh thank god! The way you were talking I thought you were telling me you were pregnant!"

The most meaningful one was when I came out to my cousin. I was crying becuase I couldn't take it anymore, and I needed to tell someone ANYONE so I called her and blurted it out. She replied "You think that matters to me? You're the best friend I could ever have, and more than that, you're family. I'm gonna love you no matter what, and this is hardly something to be ashamed of. You're fine."

I love my family. The only one not taking it well was my mom. :grin: (not counting dad- not telling him)

10. Amy

Amy

My favourites:

Annoying slut: People who aren't straight scare me.
    Me: Boo.
    Annoying bigot: You're a dyke?
    Me: Bi. Could you not tell? I thought the Katy Perry picture would tip those with common sense off. O, wait...

(my friend Tara and I while walking during PE)
    Me: I'm bi.
    Tara: O. Cool. My brother's gay. And an ex-druggy. And a high school dropout. Our parents are very proud.

11. James2612

These are some great storys!!
    I love readings these as i think it is one of the hardest things to have to do and to have some one be soooo cool about it makes it so so much better!!

MORE MORE ......

12. Linkmaste

Okay I have another favourite but its kinda funny in a sense the two friends both thought the same idea what I was about to tell them.

Friend:What is it?
    Me: Look, I got something to tell you and I really really really hope you can still like me for who I am.
    Friend: My God your pregnat arnt you?
    Me: 0_o What?! No, um...I'm not straight.

OTHER FRIEND
    Friend: So whats up?
    Me: Um....I got something to say
    Friend: .....
    Me: .....
    Friend: Are you pregnat?
    Me: WHAT?! No! Why do you people think I'm pregnat?
    Friend: Sorry, what is it?
    Me: I'm kinda gay....
    Friend: Like a Lesbian?
    Me: ....in techinal terms yeah. But I prefer Gay.

Its funny how in both of em, they thought I was pregnat. Does anyone else get that idea when you come out to someone?

13. ArcusPuer

my fav was when i told my friend james, i had brought him with my friends melissa and emily to the park.
    and whilst melissa and emily were on the swings, i told him that i needed to tell him something.
    i sat there for ages playting with sticks because i couldnt think of how to do it. and then i remembered that melissa had told me that once at james' party that she heard him say to one of his friends "no i dont think so, he just broke up with his girlfriend" in response to one of his other friends asking if i were gay.

so i used this instance and said "do you remember at yor party when joseph (the other friend) asked you something and you said no., well he was right...."
    and then he was like "ooh....oooohj...OOOH.." i said "yeah..." then he said, "so how long have you and melissa been going out?" and i was like "WAIT WHAT???"

turns out that joseph had asked if i was going out with melissa. i laughed for ages and then eventually told him that i was something that started with a g and ended in a y.

not hard from there... he took it really well though, he was confuse that i had waited 6 months to tell him though, it was just coz he was a straight guy and i wasnt sure how he'd take it....

anyway that one was funny as coz it was an epic fail.
    which i attribute to melissa but she says that she did say it was about us going out that she told me. i say SHE LIES!

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

AH! Too many to pick from!

A friend and I were hosting a live auction for our local TV station. It's broadcasted and managed by the students at my high school, so we are a tight nit community. Anyways, my friends and I were talking about a bread maker and we were trying to think of adjectives to describe it. My friend started combining adjectives. I don't remember his first one, but on the second one, he accidentally combined fantastic and magnificent to make "fagnificent". This is on live TV, mind you. It became my duty to save him, so I said, "I'm pretty sure you can't say that on television... but I'm gay, so you have my permission. Now, this bread maker..." It was the most seamless coming out I've ever experienced. Another friend told me that when I said that, there was a moment of silence in the control room and everyone's mouths dropped. The director (who was a student) then said, "Can we cut that out?" And my friend said, "No, this is live."

Since then, I've only gotten positive feedback about my hosting. No one has mentioned my coming out, but they still complimented me and my friend.

15. J Schuelke

The one that I like the most is when I came out to one of my friends who is in the navy. We were text messaging late one night when he asked me if I had a girlfriend or not, to which I said no. Then without missing a beat he asked if I found anyone "special", to which I also said no. Long story short, one thing lead to a another and I ended coming out to him. He was not shocked or horrified, he was pretty supportive.

What made me laugh was after all my mental freaking out, he says "at least you know right?" like it was nothing at all.

It was kind of ironic because shortly after that he came out to me as bi, so I guess we shared a common theme.

#35 J Schuelke, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  16. Bunny

LOL.

You win the thread.

17. buriedinhw7

I think my favorite was at a friend's housewarming party. She has two jobs, so I didn't know any of her coworkers from the other job. We were going around playing some get to know you games and whatnot. I got the question "Most embarrassing thing/worst thing you've done when you were drunk." For some reason the only thing that came to mind was almost hooking up with a guy.

Cue confused looks by everyone.

Friend jumps in almost yelling, OH! FOR THE CONFUSED IT'S BECAUSE SHE'S A BIG GAY! (She loves to announce this to the world. I should just keep her in my pocket and bring her out and she'll just toss me out of the closet whenever I don't have the courage.)

My friends all laugh. Then I turn all sorts of shades of red. Her coworkers responded by saying, "oh thank god, I was thinking, What's wrong with that? That happens to me all the time." >.> Oh my.

Although another favorite response was a new friend I've recently made. I accidentally came out to her because I was tired and telling a story about my ex and dropped "her/she". She got this huge beaming smile on her face and just laughed at my story. Like nothing was out of the ordinary. I hate being treated differently, or have a lot of attention called onto me. I am easily embarrassed haha.

18. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Person A: [takes gulp of Iced Coffee]
    Person B: God I hate iced coffee!
    Person A: Anyone who hates iced coffee is gay.
    Me: But I like iced coffee. :S

19. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I have two friends who like to tell everyone, when they introduce me to someone they always say 'This is Ryan hes (Add in some term for gay, they come up with so many) "

20. george678

My friend Matthew reeves was like are you! but was then like ok cool.
    And obviosuly had questions.