1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion Questions

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EvaVest, Dec 6, 2017.

1. EvaVest

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, i was wondering if some of you were willing to help me. This might be a bit uncommon but ive just been given an assignment at school surrounding lgbtq culture.
    I'm straight and i wouldnt want to speak on someone elses behalf, so im here to ask some question if thats ok. i really hope it is :slight_smile:

i study fashion so some of my questions are fashion based

1. Do you think that fashion is important to the LGBTQ community?

2. How do you feel about the use of gay symbols and icons being used in fashion? EXAMPLE is it ok for a straight person to gather inspiration from lgbtq history and culture or is it not our place?

3. What does fashion mean to you? is it a way for you to express yourself, are you not interested at all?

4. Can a straight person be queer?

5. Do you feel being queer is becoming mainstream?
    - if so do you think its a good thing or not and why?

Feel free to answer the questions you want to, even if its only one.
    Thank you for your time and help xxx

2. emmybecca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well in my defination, fashion is the ability to enhance and glamorize one's personality.

But not every fashion fits every one. It depends on person to person like which fashion
    is suitable for them. Like if I talk about my self, i go for skirts and shirts when i am at work.
    but when i am out with friends, i usually wear jeans and tops.
    Now for from where i buy them, i mostly shop online as I have less time for shopping,
    so jcpenney is a nice place to get some what you want, other then that, recently i used these
    ShoesPie promo codes to get some discounts on the high heels i wanted.

As per your saying that if a straight person be queer, i would say no. As i think being straight is
    you know what you are, so why would you get strange about that.
    Icons being used in fashion is just a way to showcase the fashion so i dont see no harm in that.
    Fashion is important to almost every community.

#2 emmybecca, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
  3. Chibi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1 everyone kinda has their own opinion on that.

2 I think it’s ok, because it’s not JUST LGBTQ+ culture/ history, it’s a part of the world now. For example you can’t say people can’t take inspiration from the moon landing, just because they weren’t Neil Armstrong.

3 I sew so I think fashion is REALLY cool, and in my opinion what makes it so cool is that it’s all DIFFERENT.

4 yes LGBTQ+ includes people who support us.

5 yes, and of course it’s always a good thing to embrace what makes us unique, I mean I can’t think of a downside to it!