Family Meals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Jan 3, 2015.

1. flyawayfree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up meals were eaten together at the table. When you were done you waited for others to finish and then you asked to be excused. As I got older and busier with sports, we still ate dinner together as much as possible.

2. Hiems

As a kid, I almost always ate dinner on my own. The only exceptions would be when we had hot pot or take out for dinner. I was raised with five other siblings, so it was always more fun to eat together.

Nowadays, my dad, brother, and I usually get home at different times due to work and school. If we get home at around the same time, then we eat together. Otherwise, which is most often the case, we eat dinner at different times.

I'm so grateful to eat home-cooked meals by my mom almost everyday, haha.

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We eat dinner together almost every day.

4. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    same for my family and I, we usually had dinner together on holiday occasions

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I'm kinda amazed by how many people on here regularly eat meals with their family. I wouldn't think people would have time for that. Perhaps my parents work later than most...

6. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only time our family actually sits down and eats together is usually on a holiday or if we all go out to eat together.

Anytime we attempt to eat together or have what I call a family dinner (talk about our day or what's going on with everyone etc) it just doesn't work out my stepdad goes in the living room and blasts the tv so no one an talk over it or plays with his phone etc. so it never really works out.

As for tonight my stepdad ate in the living room my mom sat in the dining room and I'm in my bedroom and I ate while I worked.

One day when I have my own family I want to make it a goal of at least having 1-2 dinners together a week. I think it's a great way for a family to bond...but obviously not everyone shares the same feelings I do.

7. CyanChachki

We used to eat at a table together but now we eat wherever we want unless it's a holiday like Christmas.

8. LiquidSwords

If someone cooks a proper meal then you sit together to eat it, obviously? I think it's a bit rude not to tbh

9. Gallatin

We always eat dinner together, but not at a table or anything. We eat in the living room and watch TV haha. Usually all the "dinner conversation" has already been had, so there isn't much left to talk about anyways. The only time we eat dinner at the table is holidays.

I feel lucky in that for a few years at university, I had an amazing roommate who I got along with splendidly, and most nights we ate dinner together. I mean, we each made our own meals, and we almost always ate while watching some sporting event or movie, but hey, it was still nice to not eat alone.

10. Thedistra

We ate in the living while watching tv. At my aunt's and grandparents we sat at the table together. I mention them because we all lived next to each other so I was over at their houses quite often.

Once my sister and I got older we ate in our room/rooms while doing whatever.

Considering the way my mother eats drives me nuts its probably a good thing we didn't eat in a close vicinity.

11. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was younger my family and I would all eat together and we had to wait until the last person finished eating before we could leave. But as my sister and I got older we stopped because I would prefer to set and listen to music at the computer and my sister, brother and parents would prefer to watch tv. But if the weather is warm we will usually sit outside together and eat.
    And if we go to my grandparents place we tend to either eat together or eat in groups (for example, parents and grandparents at one table, and grandkids at another table)

12. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my son and i eat supper together each day that we are home, even if it's standing eating pizza in the kitchen we try to be together as a family. as soon as you eat your fill, however, you can get up and go do what ever. im usually doing dishes while he's finishing up.

13. tulman

Both our parents worked and our maternal grandmother lived with us so she started preparing supper. We always ate as a family at the dining room table. We talked. Our parents asked my sister and me how school was. Mom & Dad talked about their work day and current events, that sort of thing. Our TV was in the living room and never on while we ate. My sister and I carried on the tradition but it was harder because the kids had sports and other activities that often made it hard for everyone to be together.

14. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Family dinners did not exist in our house...on the occasions we all happened to be eating at the same time it was either dead silence or pointless arguments over the dumbest things

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's typically me and the hubby these days, but sometimes we're at the table or we're out by the TV if we're having a marathon of something. With my family, some are at the table and others are by the TV--depending on who is there since we have limited space.

16. Quiet Raven

When I was a little kid, we usually ate together. But eventually when my mother started working she stopped cooking meals for everyone, and we all pretty much just made our food whenever we were hungry. She still cooked for us once in a while, but at that point we still pretty much just took it in separate directions.

We never stopped eating together on holidays though.

17. Burnedcloset

Well, this is a difficult question to answer.

on the holidays: everyone eats together and once you are done you get up. It's not really a big deal to stop eating. As long as your done.

on a Sunday: if everyone eats the meal, we all sit together. If someone doesn't eat the meal. There is normally 2 different meals. Then it's split by who wants to each which meal. (One of the meals is usually healthier. So I pick that one)

every other day: we eat in groups of 2-3. Me and my nephew normally eat by ourselves. Dad and mom eat together. Brother and sister in law eat together. Grandma takes her favorite granddaughter out to dinner, and her family gets to tag along (so jealous)

It really just matters on how we feel. We are really a sporadic family.

18. Yosia

I don't tend to eat the same food as my family so I will eat first and then they will eat after, we never eat at a table though, but it has to be downstairs, we aren't allowed food upstairs ^^

19. ScatteredEarth

Family meals were always a Thanksgiving thing, because it was my mother's favorite holiday, so we did so out of respect. But most of the time, we get our food and go to our separate areas, like me and my room, and my parents and the living room.