1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Frustrations

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hobbes, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not out to anyone, and right now I'm having some issues with my family. I know that they don't know about me, but I wish that that would have an idea or maybe a clue that I'm not straight. This business with the Supreme Court and gay marriage, my parents and sister have been voicing how they feel and I would at least hope that they've noticed that I don't say anything either way. Maybe they just think that I don't care. I also don't talk to much to anyone in general. My biggest thing this they get on my case for things and I already have more than enough stress as it is, with the fact that I'm about to start college and keeping who I really am a secret from everyone.

I really can't come out of the closet just yet because if they kick me out of the house, I really don't have any where to go. I live in the county, aka my nearest neighbor lives about a mile if not more away.

What would be the best way to deal with all this for right now? :help:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should just well, and this might be bad advice but to try deal with it as you said you are going off to college and if you come out now they would kick you out and you have no other place to go so bearing it now could help you in the end. You could try to keep to yourself, if thats possible

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Peacemaker, it is hard but it is your safest choice. But if you really want to come out to them and you know that you have a high risk of being kicked out once they knew then try making money. Find a part time job or something. And if you think that you have enough money to atleast give yourself foods and shelter then that's the time you come out to them.

We basically have the same problem. My solution (in progress) to this problem is to find work ASAP after I graduate, which would be next year, so I can move out to this country, or atleast this house. Then before I leave, that's the time I would come out to them.

I dont know if I helped but if you need someone to talk to or someone to comfort you, you can count on me. Well, just so you know we're both Hufflepuff. And Hufflepuffs stick together <3 :slight_smile: Smile

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, I agree that sometimes the best thing to do is to weather the storm. You've almost made it to college. I'm in a similar situation, living in the country and stuck at home. My mom makes a lot of homophobic comments and for some of them I actually think she suspects I'm not straight.

If you're okay with it, you could raise your disagreement with their comments without mentioning that you're gay. I keep quiet when my mom starts spouting bullshit too, mostly because no matter what I say it's not going to change her mind. Your family might be different.

5. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone for your help. I think that I might come out to a friend sometime soon. And I think she'd be accepting, she showed her support of the Supreme Court's ruling, and I hope that I can get the courage to tell her.