1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exploring femininity after you come out as gay?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hopefulB, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Roy Batty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It'd be interesting to compare what women and trans men think about exploring their 'masc' side when they come out. Or look to the BDSM community, who've an amazing insight into these issues. I think gay/queer culture allows, or has the potential to allow, greater expression of sexuality, vulnerability, & creativity. Trusting someone enough to be vulnerable with them is so powerful but takes real strength. Gives new meaning to the saying, 'bottoms up' :slight_smile:

Separately, there is a growing body of literature that reexamines 'femininity' in power dynamics, e.g, in corporate/gov't/cultural leadership roles. I suspect that's because the classic concept of the 'masculine' seems anachronism these days.

2. hopefulB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love that Ray, thank you for the thoughts. I am exploring versatility but the feminine certainly seems to embrace a different level of creativity.

3. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Roy you came up with some good thoughts. They come out as masculine and we come out our thoughts are femininty. We should start a new thread asking transmen their thoughts on masculinity. I would love to hear their thoughts.

4. Roy Batty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm relatively new to the forum, but given diversity of backgrounds, I think that may be a topic everyone could exchange ideas. Not sure if there is a more established member, and more articulate than I, who would start the thread.

5. Roy Batty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    verse seems the best of both worlds :slight_smile: though I do enjoy exploring femininity; particularly since social norms discouraged men from expressing or exploring the wide ranging aspects of the feminine

hopefulB likes this.
  6. Gayhusband

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love strong feminine energy in a man.

Joolz66 likes this.
  7. Joolz66

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    strong feminine energy combined with strong masculinity…an incredibly sexy mix…

Gayhusband and Contented like this.
  8. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds good to me

Nealg and Joolz66 like this.
  9. quadratic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What a good and interesting question. As a cis-gendered male, and happy enough in my own skin, I don't feel the need for outward trappings of jewellery, make-up etc. However, it always pleases me to see a man with make-up. I think for myself a feminine side is about getting more in touch with my feelings, and less about achievement and "getting things done". On the other hand - that gives me a perfect excuse for being lazy! I live in the sort of neighbourhood where if I went out unshaven, and in a dress and high heels, probably nobody would bother much. But as I say that's not my thing. I'll keep thinking about this question though - it's a very good one. Thank you!

Artoffact and hopefulB like this.
  10. Artoffact

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have become more feminine with my wife since knowing who I am. Sexy underwear, tight pants to show off my butt around the house and definitely more feminine in the bedroom. Had a few nights here recently where she was practically worshipping my backside. then of course pegging. I throw it back when I can

Nealg likes this.
  11. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am in a mixed orientation marriage and my wife and I just had this conversation. I want to express my feminine side much more than I do. I have hid in a closet for so many years, with only a few people ever finding out, that I have struggled to ever feel comfortable expressing the real me. My wife asked me what dressing or doing girly things "did for me". I couldn't explain it to her, but I know it makes me feel more free and comfortable in my own skin.

Nealg, Gayhusband and Artoffact like this.
  12. Gayhusband

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love the idea of hanging out with guys who like sissy dress up every once in a while. I used to look for more straight acting/looking guys to hang with but over time I am realizing that even though I like/liked jockstraps, blue jeans and leather nights, feminized men are so sexy to me. I think my homophobia and my wife convinced me that “sissy” gays were less acceptable than straight acting gays or ”bears”. She’s asked me this before “why I would want to be with sissy or effeminate men when I could just like women?” She thinks that since I like men I a should be liking macho men aka (bears, leather boys, straight acting, jocks and cowboys I assume. Lately though, panties, tube tops, short shorts, sandals, open toed heels and clogs with sexy painted toes is my new look. I sometimes will wear my wife’s shorter stretch skirts around the house with a t-back or no panties at all. I know that since I have made a conscious effort to be more accepting of myself I’ve been feeling more “sissy” than ever. It’s me. I’m a sissy. I’ve always been. Don’t get me wrong though, stinky manly men will still put me in a sexual rage. I’m only human! And Queer!!!

Joolz66, Nealg and Artoffact like this.
  13. Artoffact

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. "Sissy" gays are hot!

Gayhusband and Contented like this.
  14. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fem guys who wear skirts dresses ect are my thing.

Gayhusband, Nealg and Artoffact like this.