1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explanation of security changes

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Martin, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryz

I'll just drop this subject. Because it's obvious stuff is not going to change in the near future. And well it's obvious the "owners" won't take any of our ideas in consideration in the near future.

And it's not fair for Martin to be handling all of us throwing rocks at the system by himself.

It was never my intention to start an argument or anything like it, it's just an idea that came to my mind, and well, I wanted it to get exposed. By the way THANK YOU, for giving full explanations rather than a Simple "ummm... no"

And thank you for all the hard work you ppl do to keep EC alive in this server.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The situation is really very simple. If another incident similar to that which occurred last summer happens then EC will be closed. The site owners could also face legal action and even imprisonment. None of us want that.

The rules are in place to try to minimise that risk and also to demonstrate that all reasonable precautions are being taken. The other option was to remove the wall, PMs, chatroom etc and just have a forum, and we (the staff at the time) fought hard to get what we have now for you all.

The rules will not be slackened. If anything things could get more restrictive if people persistently try to work-around the current rules. For example the Walls are a major headache for staff and there have already been discussions about removing them or limiting access to full members.

You may not like them but the rules and restrictions are here to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.