1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Gone To GSA/Similar Club?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Oct 22, 2012.

?

Ever Gone To GSA?

1. Yes.

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No, and I don't want to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not yet, but I plan on going soon.

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. I've never been somewhere that offered one.

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I think my school's GSA is alright, except for this one bitchy senior (who constantly announces her christianity and orientation: straight. She does whatever she wants pretty much b/c she's the sponsor's neice. I'm gunna cuss her out if she starts shit up again tomorrow...):bang: but when she's not there, its fun.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

Idk, I might not be able to go this week 'cause I'm getting my braces tightened and get out an hour early b/c of it.

2. SFSorrow

Most universities in the UK have LGBT societies, I don't know about schools and colleges.

I've been thinking about joining the one at the university I'm at but I'm not a student there anymore, I'm a member of staff now so not sure if I can. I'm also concerned that I'll be 10 years older than the freshers so I may feel odd and out of place. Wish I'd be more self aware as an undegrad and joined back then.

3. FollowtheFreeman

I am apart of my colleges GSA club, I'm the secretary actually. I am glad that I joined for the simple fact that everyone that I have met there is awesome.

4. Moomookitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Iv never been to one but I really wanna go to one but I wouldn't have anyone to go with

5. SheWhoHasNoName

:eusa_clap:roflmao:

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I really wish my school had one of these. I would try and start one except I fear there wouldn't be enough willing members... that and I don't feel I'm well suited for any position of leadership. lol ;-;

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

Im an officer of my gsa club c:

8. loganjay12

loganjay12 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I go to a weekly club in my city called Outright. Love it! And I started a GSA at my high school this year. Yay c: Love me some GSA <3

9. I've been to one and I don't like it.

I'm the only gay guy there and everyone else seems a bit..ehh.. I don't like them.

10. Suffocation

Even if there were a million GSAs at my school, i still wouldn't go to it. I'm not an open person, and i dont have the personality.

11. Aielar

There's a Gay/Straight alliance just in the process of starting at the college I go to, and while it's not offered at my particular campus, we're trying to find a way where people at Port Alberni who are interested in participating in this group can 'attend' the GSA meetings through technology that's similiar to Skype. The first meeting is planned for next Tuesday I believe, and I'm definitely going and checking it out - it may not be my thing, but it's worth going at least once :slight_smile:

12. whitwhit82

My college has a GSA. I'm not out, but I just recently came out to my therapist. She suggested I look into our school's GSA. I have looked them up online and I would like to go, but I'm not comfortable doing that just yet. They are having a bake sale this week, though, and I thought I might swing by there to support them and sort of check them out in an informal setting. One of my concerns, too, is that I'm a good bit older than most of them would be, I'm assuming. I'm a good ten years older than the average freshman. And even though I'm classified as a junior, I'm returning back to school this semester for the first time in 6 years. Getting involved in a campus organization would be good for me. When I get the guts to do it, GSA will be where I go.

13. In high school, I was a member of my school's GSA for a couple years, and this is my second semester in my college's Pride Alliance. Although it's not school based, I also used to go to a queer youth group, but I can't anymore, because it conflicts with my schedule.