1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embracing the little stuff

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jamilove, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Jamilove

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My wife and I are at dinner tonight with another couple that are close friends. I told my wife awhile back that I'm genderfluid and sometime feel Feminine. I have a feeling my wife has shared with her friend that I'm genderfluid. Well we sitting there tonight and my wife's friend is talking about going to see her husband play music out with my wife and she looks at me a says you can come it will be a girls night out. Like I said you have embrace the small stuff. It felt so nice to be seen for who am and included as a girl. Anyone with similar experiences?

Dreamsexul likes this.
  2. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boss at work gave me some girly hair ties and bows. And another girl at work gave me a make up bag after she saw me taking my make up out of a carrier bag :slight_smile:

3. QuinnH

Minnesota, United States, North America, Earth
    Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It truly can be small things that just make your day. I had just came out to the players of my RPG campaign at school and they mentioned later how balance was restored. I Inquired about this, to find they were referring to gender, being 2-2-2, instead of 2-3-1 (the third being non-binary individuals). “The day Balance was Restored” was the players’ nickname for that episode, and it made my day seeing that small but kind detail.

(Note, This wasn’t completely meta, to the rules lawyer’s relief; Balance was restored in game as well in another way, but the group practically ignored it in game. I was expecting “The man in grey” or something along the lines)

Dreamsexul likes this.
  4. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cute Quinn :slight_smile:

5. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I did have an experience like this:
    About a month after my coming out, the other ladies at work all pitched in together to get me a gift card to Ulta Beauty.

Dreamsexul likes this.
  6. Jamilove

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think for me it was just the natural flow of how it was said and that nobody at the table even flinched. I felt very accepted for who I truly am. So nice so sweet.