1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Merchandise - Shop Open For Business! - See post #129

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Grof142007, Mar 17, 2008.

1. biisme

wow...paul....3 posts in a row!

hehehe....

mabye the next time i buy presents form there i can lump in something for myself...

2. pirateninja

OH MY GAWD.

I am so getting a black Duke t-shirt :grin: Even if I have to nick my mom's credit card.

3. Grof142007

aww i was really hoping the Paul Cat is my homboy thing was going to be on the shirt

here the ORginal video i mange to find it ingore the stupid comment " you know when u hear them"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xY6UGtfb-c[/YOUTUBE]

#183 Grof142007, May 2, 2008
    Last edited: May 2, 2008
  4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

So far we have only had two orders - Grof142007's and mine. After all the enthusiasm for the idea in this thread I am disappointed that a few more people haven't ordered.

I'll see what happens over the next few weeks, but if it doesn't pick up a bit I'll probably close it.

5. biisme

ahhh!!! don't close it!!

I just need to figure out how to order mine. i need to get my parents to do it.

6. pirateninja

No, please don't close it yet!!! I'm so close to getting my own debit card!

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I right in thinking that there's no guy's tank top or guy's thong? Seems like the women are winning out here :slight_smile: which is totally fine by me. It's just funny.

(And no, I wasn't gonna buy an EC tank top or thong... I just thought it was weird there weren't male equivalents.)

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because when you use a credit card, you get to use the credit card company's money interest-free for at least 21 days and you aren't charged service fees, whereas debit is a total scam because you are paying the banks (unless you have an unlimited transaction package) to use your own money, which then isn't earning you any money from the moment you make the purchase.

Paying everything by credit card and then paying off your credit card balance each month is the absolutely smartest way to make purchases in the modern world, especially if you have a credit card with some kind of reward option on it. The problem is that most people treat their credit limit as if it represents money they actually have, when in fact it represents money they can borrow at a really excessive interest rate. So people max out their credit cards and then end up owing a shitload of interest on their balances. If you use your credit card just as a charge card and don't put more on it than you can afford, you win.

9. davo-man

Hmmm, well I have been brought up to think that credit was to be used as a second option, like only in emergencies. My parents rarely use their credit cards, instead they use their debit cards. I don't have a credit card, and will only be getting one for when I go overseas, or move out so that if there is an absolute emergency, such as needed to pay hospital bills etc I can have the money (well, the ability to loan money) and just pay it back later.

10. SamAlex728

Please don't close it Paul. My parents owe me money, so I'll see if I can come to an agreement with my mom. But there's a limited amount I could buy. But I'm definitely trying.

11. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well no one ever said your parents were perfect. :grin:

12. SamAlex728

OK, so I'm talking to my mom tonight. For now, it'll probably be just a couple EC shirts, but I definitely want more.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent! Do post photos when they arrive!

I'm still waiting for my mug, mousemat and teddy bear to arrive (they were despatched a week ago). I will definitely do photos of those, maybe with the teddy on my shoulder like Martin's toy dog in his avatar.

14. SamAlex728

Would it be possible to get boxers with just the "ec" on them?

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have changed the logo on the boxer shorts from "emptyclosets" to "ec" for you.

16. SamAlex728

Thanks. Well now it'll be a shirt and a pair of boxers.
    :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
    My order will probably be placed within the next 36 hours.

17. LOVEjames

I have 6 dollars in my bank account right now. <3 I'll order something when money comes in this week, most definitely. :grin:

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PC Financial Mastercard FTW! I also find having the bill at the end of the month lets me see where all my money's going, where cash vanishes into thin air.

Another thing is in the US it's quite common for debit cards to have Visa or Mastercard logos and they can be processed as such. Handy for online shopping if you're too young to have a credit card (all security risks aside). However in some places like Canada such systems don't exist. Credit cards and Debit cards are always processed separately, with debit transactions being treated as a normal bank withdrawal. A handy thing with debit is getting cash back. My mom does that with her weekly groceries to avoid an extra trip to the bank. I so rarely withdraw cash I just go when needed.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of the place in Vancouver don't do cash back anymore. I think it was too much of a hassle for them.

Yeah, we don't have debit cards that are credit card-branded here... for which I thank the gods because that's just fucked-up confusing!

20. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most major retailers around here still do it. Grocery stores, Wal*Mart, etc.

What's even more confusing, in the States there's about 45 different bank card networks, so it's roulette about whether your card will work at a given retailer if you want to use debit as debit and not as Visa / Mastercard, where Canada we only have Interac.

Though as far as fucked up confusing, we were in the states at a grocery store and my mom was paying with her Visa and the machine asked whether it was credit or debit. It kind of confused my mother, unaware of how debit cards go in the states.

#200 Kenko, May 6, 2008
    Last edited: May 6, 2008