1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating Habits

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rikudo, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Rikudo

Hello I was wondering if I could get some advice to see if I'm do right with my eating habits. So I've recently started not eating dinner and just settling for an apple or banana is this okay? I still have a big breakfast, a medium sized lunch and now I'm starting to eat little for dinner. Is this okay I'm only doing it because I've recently noticed that after training I'm not hungry. Plus my mom likes to cook big dinners so I can tell her not to make as much food just seems wasteful to make all that food for me to not eat it. Plus with this I'm hoping to trim fat and keep muscle. Don't worry I drink plenty of water during the day.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. KaraBulut

Not eating is a good way to lose weight for the short term and then gain it all back (plus extra) when you start eating again. Your body still needs the same amount of calories- if it doesn't get them, then it will slow your metabolism and start storing fat as soon as enough calories are available.

You would be better off eating smaller meals plus between protein snacks if you're working out. Your workouts won't be particularly successful if you're not eating a balanced diet.

Why not prepare your own meals or just rely upon portion control (i.e. make your own plate) so that this doesn't become a battle between you and your mom?

3. Rikudo

Hmm okay I was mostly wondering that if me cutting out dinner would do me any harm. Also is not a battle with her she just wanted to know if I'd eat or make mine own stuff. Which is what I've been doing lately.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

I think you should eat something more then an apple. Even if your not hungry, a small meal shouldn't kill you. Your body needs food.