1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dressing according to how i feel genderwise

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Justmebeingme, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Justmebeingme

hey guys this is my first thread because i was struggleing to find one like this so i thought i would make one, its just here because i need help with this and maybe it will help other people too.

so im gender fluid were i feel like i fit gender wise changes anywere from about 10 to 30 times a month. when i feel masculine great i can be masculine wear any of the clothes i have in my room and feel fine with it when i feel like a mix but predomanantly male same thing im fine but...when i feel extreamely feminine or predomanantly feminine i feel like im lying to myself by wearing male clothes, i feel i should atleast be wearing eye liner or mascara something to show how i feel but sometime i feel like even that wouldnt be enough and that i would love to just go throw a dress on are a t shirt and a skirt or a nighty before bed and not being able to do that is fustrating me alot and i would love to stop the fustration by telling my parents i would like to do it but i cant i cant even tell them im pan sexual or gender fluid im close to telling them that but once ive reached that its telling them i want to wear a dress and wear make up so what im asking for is advice on how to go on with telling them and once i have how to ease them and myself into the process of me wearing female clothing and makeup ect. If anyone knows anything from personal experiance or places i could read to find information or any sugguestions even if you havent been through the same thing would be great thank you in advanced :thumbsup: ill be sure to keep checking back and repying to people bye guys :smilewave

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there, and welcome to EC

There is subtle ways to wear feminine clothes, and there is also some guys into wearing or expressing feminine. What comes to mind is the era of glamrock, people like Bowie, or Marc Bolan... You will raise a few eyebrows still, but you can always tell them it's the Bowie's look, or something like that if you don't feel comfortable telling them the truth.

There is also stuff like Visual Kei, if you are into that sort of thing/fashion style.

Good luck.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. Justmebeingme

hey so thanks for the reply's i came out to my mum today and she hates the idea of me wearing make up or wearing women's clothing and iv told her that people really don't care that much anymore they are more bothered about how they look them self which is true and if they do say anything you news for about 15 minuets until the next big thing happens but she really doesn't seem to like it and my Nan (iv basically lived in my Nan's since my granddad died to keep her company) also thinks its a bad idea as she doesn't want me to be bullied but i explained to her the same way as i said before people too much about them self's to care what other people are doing so any suggestions iv also suggested that she check this site out and find out about anything she wants to know

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you could take it slow in school in the beginning, playing with different hair and clothing styles, so people get used to it, and do a bit more of it when you are at home...

and maybe you could give the mermaids a ring or send an email, they might be helpful...

hugs

6. Justmebeingme

thanks jay I think I might talk to the mermaids they seem to have helped a lot of people. On the dressing according to gender identity thing I'm going back over to my mums today to talk to her about it and hopefully she can support me in doing this

thank you all for your help it means a lot to me to have a place to come to and be myself so thanks for the help here's a cookie *you gain 1 cookie*

7. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As one of the other posters committed that it is much easier to wear feminine clothing than years past. Much of this is due to our society has gotten lax on dressing, right or wrong 20 years ago you never saw a woman work at a bank and wear jeans and a plain top. Now you can do the same but with female clothing and many folks would not even know.

8. Stacy in MA

If done subtly, you can actually wear a surprising amount of makeup before it becomes obvious. There is also a fair bit of "menswear" made for women that might make you feel more comfortable without screaming feminine. When unable to present obviously as a woman, I have gone out wearing an entire outfit (right down to the shoes) of women's clothing with full make up and not had anyone bat an eye.

I know none of this addresses the overall issue, but at least for me, it makes me feel a little better when I can't present the way I wish. Good Luck!

9. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To Stacy's point

I liked what she said and the suggestion, sometimes it's the little things you can do that will make you feel femine when doing it completely is not available at the time.

As dumb as it sounds I keep my toes painted either pink or a coral color all year round. when I am in the shower i can look down and see some of me is feminine even if it is brief.

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    *tastes cookie* hmmm... thanks :wink:

Yep, another one is underwear.
    There are even boy panties now availabe for females, with very soft fabrics.