Drag

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Fox

Fox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what blondie? if you seriously feel weird about it... be yourself. Shock horror.

Not every LBGT person dresses in drag.. It doesn't have to be our flag. And I did NOT mean for that to rhyme. I'm tired.

Shock horror, there are gay people who act 'straight'!!

2. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i don't think i'd drag for a "queer event"- i'd feel like i'd be giving an almost negative look to the GLBT community (not to say its a negative thing to do-i mean at pride parades its kinda expected.) i'd do it for a party with my friends, but (this may just be b/c of where i live- ultraconservative) around straight people i feel like i represent everyone else in the GLBT community and if they think bad or oddly of me then they will think that about everyone else. but around my friends (straight or otherwise) i'd definately do it.

3. Micah

LIES! ;o:icon_wink

4. OneHatMadder

Well if you look at my picture I occasionally do a bit of drag.

However I have decided it isn't really my thing. On the other hand though I do wear the shoes. But I wear high-heels everywhere I go. My schoolmates are used to it as is everyone else. I like the shoes but that's it.

:slight_smile:

5. Jim1454

It's not my thing either...

But I enjoy the drag shows when I'm out at the bars. Some of the performers make VERY attractive women. Some of them make make absolutely SCARY women, but they usually have a sense of humour to make up for it! And yes - the songs they sing are often quite good.

Last time I was out one of the performers was lip-synching to 'See You Again' by Mylie Sirus and I was singing along, thinking, "why do I know this song?"... and then realized "oh ya - my 7 year old plays it over and over again at home!" I doubt there were many guys there that could say the same thing! :roflmao:

I have such an 'odd' life! :grin:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a couple of gay friends that do drag. They don't do it because they feel it's important, or part of "the culture". They do it because they love doing it. And because people go see their shows, myself included. It can be a lot of fun. I personally have never done drag. I have a hard enough time making me look decent as a guy. :slight_smile:

If you're not crazy about it, say so. Say you'd be more than happy to do something else for the gig, but you're just not "drag material". Not everybody is. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. PEEKINGOUT

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personnally, I Like Men In Drag.....post The Pics If You Decide To.