1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dota 2 Players?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by UndercoverGypsy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. UndercoverGypsy

LOL, that is so definitely me.

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hah, well, Lion and Lina may have OP nukes but they have a different play style for sure. I see a lot of guys ultimate as their first attack and waste it, or rather, just do it at the complete wrong times. They're hard in a way because you have to learn when to use the ultimate, as enemy heros have a base magic resistance of 25%, so the nukes do 25% less damage than they say, and that could be reduced further with other magic resistance items. So, you sort of have to guess if it's going to kill them or not, eventually you become very good at predicting though.

It's used very often in high skill games right at the start of a fight though in order to make the strong heros go back before they ruin the team. Like, if I'm playing Lina and I see a bane elemental during a team fight, he's one of the first guys I'll nuke as soon as I see, because that bastard has a ridiculous crowd control potential, especially with eul's scepter. If he's instantly nuked, and Lina/Lion isn't underfed, then that should bring him below 50% hp, which will make him be careful using his ultimate and genuinely make him on edge.

I think the things I struggled with at first were Lion's low damage, and Lina's absolutely terrible attack animation, you have to predict creep HP way in advance to get creep kills with her. It takes a while to learn unfortunately, but I've literally had hundreds of games with her, so it just becomes third-nature really.

Personally I've never struggled with Meepo, even when I couldn't micro. He just needs cheap aura items, he just takes down enemy heros HP unbelievably fast, but gets owned by high single-target nukes like Lina, and Earthshaker is a nice counter to Meepo seeing as his ultimate echos for every single Meepo. The biggest mistake people do when playing Meepo is engaging in multiple heros. That's the reason Meepo is never chosen in high-skilled games, he's just useless in team fights, definitely owns 1v1 though.

Yeah you do tend to do that quite a lot, most of your deaths are because you stay too close to enemy heros with stuns though. It's hard at first when you don't play RTS games because you don't have that innate ability to multitask, as soon as you pick that up though you'll do much better :slight_smile:

All the best.

3. Artemicion

I play. PM me if you want to play...I'm an near exclusive INT hero player. Too bad no techies and pit lord yet :frowning2:.

4. UndercoverGypsy

I imagine that that will be easier to fix once I know all the champs better... It's a fun game, though

5. Hefiel

Ugh, Lina's attack speed. I got stuck mid playing Lina once, last hitting was such a pain. Once I get going I'm relatively decent with Lina, played some great games with her. I can't get myself to like her though.

I should probably give Lion another chance, I rarely ever pick him though since I always play SD or AR. I've sort of been avoiding him since he's the only hero I can't seem to improve on even though I know all the strategies and whatnot.

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well, if it helps, in pubs I go a completely different strategy. I tend to go phase boots and very very early dagon on him. As long as it is indeed very early, you can ultimate then dagon to instantly kill just about every hero in the game. It keeps them underfed and allows you to farm on them all game. I usually then go on to make something like ethereal blade for the slight extra stats and the ability to make the nukes hit extremely high. Next is aghanim's scepter, then mjollnir, then eye of skadi :slight_smile:

That's just what personally works for me in public games, it can work with Lina too but Lina's nuke is higher damage and longer range, so I tend to go blink dagger on her.

All the best.

7. Hefiel

You just reminded me of Terrorblade. Rushing a Dagon early, swap your health with the enemy and finish him off with Dagon. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. UndercoverGypsy

Why didn't you tell me this!? That sounds awesome! I've managed to get half-competent with Lion, so I'll try that out.

9. franc

So quiet in here.

I just started playing last December but played for years with Dota 1.

10. SweetTalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my nickname is jsqa.persona if anyone wants to add