1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Know Why I'm Like This.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by OneLittleMango, Jan 31, 2014.

1. luvbifashchic

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I can try to relate as best I can, I'm in the same boat, but kinda flip flopped in multiple directions lol.

I'm a guy that has liked girls for quite some time and I've thought about interacting with other guys, and I'm okay with thinking that but there's kind of a wall set up that, like the in your head saying "Nooo" is kind of keeping me back because I feel it might be wrong. Although I'm having a hard time thinking it's okay for myself, I want to tell you that it is PERFECTLY fine to have attractions towards the same sex.

It just sounds like you're insecure about it, because I feel the same in my situation, insecure. And it's okay, I don't know how much support you have, I'm not entirely sure cause I see how you came out to a few people and it didn't go so well. I think finding a safe place, like here, but in real life would help. I'm trying to find an LGBT group in my area to be around more open-minded people about it. Maybe it can be something to consider.

I hope I helped as best I could, I feel like I had a tough time staying on topic. If you want to talk I'll try my best to help any more.

2. OneLittleMango

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks you guys. I really mean that. :slight_smile:
    My shitty day wasn't anything huge, so there's really no need to talk about it.
    Luvbifashchic, I appreciate your response a lot. I do wonder if any of this would have occurred if I had had a more LGBTQ friendly upbringing.
    Its a bit hard to describe, but for me it sort of feels like I know that I am attracted to a girl, but it's difficult to imagine what it would be like to be with her. Doing all the things I can easily picture doing with a guy feels wrong, like I'm doing something I'm not supposed to. I get really frustrated because I want to just feel those butterflies and fireworks and all that cheesy stuff, but I have this wall that blocks me.
    And then I go on a whole freak-out spree, questioning myself "are you repressing this, or are you convincing yourself that you like a girl when you don't?", and all this other stuff. This isn't right of me, and I wwould never, ever do this, but honestly, it just makes me want to grab said girl and make out with her in an attempt to break down the wall and find out what the hell is going on. I just don't understand why everything has to be so damn confusing.