1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yato Gami, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southern Stoic

Lurking on the dark underbelly of the web
    He is painfully misguided and a very good example of what happens when you combine intelligence with ignorance (sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't). It worries me that he even has a chance because he is so unkind and such a major fear-monger.
    It also makes me nauseous knowing so much of my family actually supports him.

#41 Southern Stoic, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That would still be comparing a mosquito to an elephant. Considering this is in the African region it doesn't come as much of a surprise. The sheer difference between the two scenarios is too great to make a comparison. I'd say the same thing for those comparing ISIS to the KKK.

Regarding that video one would have to check whether everything was factual and correct and whether there was more to the story. To me it looks more like a case of human trafficking gone wrong at the end of the clip. Even so, Islamic terrorism has caused so much carnage every single day (approximately 30,000 terrorist attacks all over the world since 9'11) that it simply is an undisputed killing machine. For one thing, the countries maximizing the security level haven't been doing so in the case of Christian militants, the persecution of Christians has been going for so long that it would not surprise me if the above group in the video is a vigilante group.

There is still persecution of Christians in Bangui (mentioning Bangui only for the sake of the video) so I'm not so keen to believe that it is one-sided persecution

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/

It is listed as Moderate, but still only 1 grade below Saudi Arabia.

People kill each other for all sorts of reasons. Simply because a group decided to kill off a few people doesn't mean that it can be compared with real terrorist organizations that are affecting the whole world and are responsible for hundreds of millions killed. The video is published at least 2 years ago, whereas the attack I mentioned happened literally an hour before I posted about it. These things happen so often that we're becoming immune to all this senseless killing. Human lives have become nothing more than a statistic to remind us of the dangers of blind political correctness.

Here's something from several hours ago. Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility.

23 killed in terrorist attack in Burkina Faso - RTÉ News

Just because we happen to be a minority ourselves doesn't mean we have to agree and defend every other minority in existence.

#42 Typhoon, Jan 16, 2016
  3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Don't even get me started. I never pay attention to politics, but when the whole country goes f**king insane I can't help but pay attention. It's like an attention contest. Who can yell the loudest? Trump. Like I heard someone else say, it's like the comments section on Youtube running for president. That, or your crazy right-wing uncle.
    Some people simply like him because he's honest. "Oh, it's refreshing to see a politician speaking their own opinions" That's no basis to govern a nation if your opinions are in the best interest of basically no one. It's scary how some people think.
    It's just a shouting match. Oh, there's another thing for him to yell about and get attention. Like Ted Cruz's citizenship. Do you think he'd be running for president if there was any sufficient doubt as to his eligibility to do so? No way! It's just something for Trump to go on about and act like the big dog. It's all a joke and everyone seems to be falling for it. It's like on reality shows where there's a winner at the end and viewers have to vote and there's one obvious choice, except then there's a loser contestant and it would be funny if they won, so then everybody votes for him, and then he actually wins and then everyone's sorry for voting for him. Except in this case I think people actually like him.

---------- Post added 16th Jan 2016 at 12:39 PM ----------

He's basically just good at making himself seem superior by talking louder. And that's what people are voting for.

4. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can't actually believe some people here like or even so much as respect him.
    I think what the person, that said speaking up against gay people also takes guts, meant was that just because something is hard to do/will end up in criticism doesn't mean it'st a good thing. I'm sure shooting someone takes guts, but that doesn't justify it.
    I can only repeat what many people before me said.
    I am afraid of him.
    I can't believe people are so blind not to see that what he's doing is exactly the same thing Hitler was doing or at least is going in that direction.
    Racism is not something that should ever be supported.

#44 NotKnowing, Jan 16, 2016
  5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

This original subject of the thread has changed and the discussion is getting heated, so it is better to end it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.