1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Donald Trump is President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Robert, Feb 14, 2016.

1. iiimee

Trump's bad, but Ben Carson scares me the most. A lot of people in Kentucky love Ben Carson, mostly because Ben Carson's "nice". Nice doesn't win the election, of course- That's why there's so many crazy Trump supporters in the US.

2. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    *devotion
    Guess you never saw ''Shrek is love Shrek is life''? Really some people do need to get a sense of humour and loosen up...

If you were keen to find out you could always look it up - like I said I read a lot of articles on the guy and I generally don't save them. About that 60% and that article - that was just before Iowa - a lot has changed since then.

A second thing, I don't trust the media. The media establishment is against Sanders, but especially against Trump, so every article on the latter is going to slander him, sometimes in uncalled for ways. Journalists and reporters even actively discouraged Trump supporters from Iowa live on CNN by poking fun at them (that wasn't manifest in NH perhaps because they wrongly assumed he would lose). That guy is cunning enough to swing voters his way, and his tactical attack on George Bush the other day only increased his support, especially since he didn't ridicule him (like he does with Jeb) as he is popular with SC.

If you don't believe that I do support Trump, then err... okay? Is it that inconceivable see a gay guy supporting a Republican presidential candidate - or do you assume automatically that they are a troll because it goes against what you believe should be the norm?

Your username has the word ''lies'' in it by the way :eusa_liar

3. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it helps, I'm also voting for Trump. I actually like the guy, he really believes in what he's saying, something I can't say about any other presidential candidate.

4. iiimee

I think most people are assuming that you're a troll because 1. Supporting a homophobe on a LGBT+ support group site already seems strange. 2. Just telling people to "google it" is ridiculous. If you want to prove a point, YOU google it, and link us to it, because I can't find anything on what you're saying! Without evidence, your points are useless. Finally, 3. You said most Americans think Europeans are a joke, which is just not true. Sure, there is xenophobia, but the vast majority of America respects at least several different European countries, and don't look down upon Europe as a whole. In fact, I hear a lot of xenophobes say that America should be more like Russia or other religious countries in Europe, but ofc, we wouldn't want to rely on personal experience alone, now would we? :wink:

Everything you've said so far has been claims or rude comment. Do you really need to personally attack somebody by pointing out their username? I get that's probably supposed to be a joke, but it's an immature one. You sound like every middle-schooler I've met: Making rude comments because it's "funny". Nothing you've said so far has been funny. You've just been arrogant and poking fun at anyone who asks you for evidence or disagrees with you. I am not a moderator or administrator, but if I was you would have already been warned.

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If anyone finds that username bit in the least bit offensive then I'd urgently advise a meeting with a support counselor :rolle: if you and everyone else don't find it funny, then ... okay, practice makes perfect - it's not like I'm going to sleep any less :smilewave

Secondly the guy who I replied to when I said Europeans are a joke is no different for ridiculing a candidate who is potentially a President - I changed his wording but implied the same for Europeans - which is in fact a real perception in various countries, in particular Germany, Sweden, Switzerland (if I'm not mistaken) and random parts of the UK. Not going to include Russia since they are just as flawed, but in the opposite direction. But of course if someone uses the same lingo for Trump, then sure, it's okay :rolle:

Thirdly, Trump isn't a homophobe. Don't confuse homophobia with simply not agreeing with certain gay rights. Homophobia is what is happening in Russia or Uganda or Nigeria. Trump said he doesn't agree with gay marriage but saying he's homophobic is stretching the definition too far - the guy is 69 years old, and was born and raised in a different era and was brought up to believe that marriage was between men and women until gay rights started getting more and more prominent in the late 1990s.

Guess I'm not the only one here with similar perceptions after all :grin: Admitting something like that was almost harder than coming out of the closet lol

6. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ouch, haha

No, I think you're trolling because you seem extremely devoted to it, in a non serious way.

As a gay guy who often votes on more conservative politicians, I see nothing wrong with someone supporting a Republican. I'm not American, but I do tend to agree with Republicans on some issues, especially on the economy. And it's great to see that not all gays are Bernie fans (I'd choose Trump over Bernie any day)

Thing is, Trump is highly unpredictable and inconsistent, but I don't think he's an idiot, far from that actually. Also, if he could easily win the election, the GOP establishment wouldn't mind him winning the nomination. They know, however, that his chances are low, because he keeps alienating a lot of voters and he doesn't listen to anyone.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to say I admire Trump for being brutally honest and saying what he believes in no matter the ridicule. I am sorry if sometimes the truth is offensive but it does not make it a lie. He is like the Harry Reid of the Republican Party he says what he really thinks and makes no apologies about it. I heard it explained on here before and even I said it Trump is pandering at its best. He is only saying stuff to get elected and to me it is really obvious that he is just trying to get people's votes. Trump is probably getting a laugh at anybody who is taking him seriously and i am sure he won't actually be a anti gay president if elected and I rather have him in office than Ted Cruz like i said before. You want a real threat to gay rights than it would be Cruz Trump is a safer risk to me.

8. rudysteiner

I think this goes for 90% of the Western world. I agree though, what a dickhead.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I agree he'd be better than Cruz about not directly attacking gay rights, I can't quite admire him for being honest. As wealthy as he is, he doesn't feel the need to lie. Those that do are appealing to their donors and voters, as opposed to just voters. Since he knows what makes hardcore conservatives tick, he is deciding to play their game of being a racist, ultra-capitalist loudmouth. How much of it is real, I don't know, but probably more of it than the other GOP candidates simply because he's self-funded.

That said, as good as he may be at propping himself up, I do think he would suck the blood of this country like so many previous presidents.

#49 Argentwing, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    '
    I still have to wonder if Trump thought "oh ok there is a two term democratic president in office and typically after two terms the opposing party is usually favored to win back the White House and I should run as a republican to gain power to the highest office in the land." For Trump its all probably about power, money and control and i would not put it past him to do anything he wants to gain power. Look at his speeches which are hard to avoid in the media and it is obvious to me running for president is like a game to him. At least god forbid he was elected president he would be a avid deal maker because its simply reality you need to rationally deal with Congress unlike Cruz who as president would probably give his opponents the middle finger and walk the other way. However on a positive note a possible Cruz presidency would hopefully give democrats the house, senate, and the majority of governships than Cruz would be defeated in 2020. The same scenario could happen with Trump too. If there was higher voter turn out in mid term elections than sadly we would not have all the problems we have now. The 2014 election was a disaster for voter turnout and a reason why there are more republican governors than democratic.

Sorry for for my rant but that is just my politically obsessed mind.

11. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Typhoon cant list any actual policies of tRump that he agrees with, just random blanketed statements. Maybe its because tRump hasnt actually released any actually policies aside from building a wall, which he cant tell us how he would get Mexico to pay for, not to mention building a wall when we have net 0 immigration from Mexico and that he cant possibly deport the 11 million immigrants out of the USA.
    tRump is a complete joke of a candidate, from his fake ass spray tan, fake ass hair to his fake ass candidacy. The man openly is attracted to his own daughter, claimed bankruptcy 4 times and is a silver spooner who inherited daddy tRumps wealth. The fact that anyone can fall for his reality show style candidacy goes to show how ignorant they are to american democracy and politics.

#51 onlythebulls13, Feb 15, 2016
  12. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    John Kasich versus Hillary Clinton? I would love that vote, because I would be okay either way. Donald Trump versus Bernie Sanders? America has failed on a fundamental level.

13. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe that Donald Trump is secretly a Democrat who is trying to make Republicans look bad. In which case the scariest thing about his presidency is the shock of what his real intentions are.

14. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We failed on a fundamental level as soon as we anointed Ronald Reagan with sainthood, bro.

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sad that so many haven given him excuses, including moderators and admins. I was going to donate to EC, but now, maybe not. I'll donate to the SPLC or the ACLU instead.

Chip, you better think, about your tepid stance. I love your site, you're a good man, and one I admire a great deal but I just can't follow you. I take it you're white, upper-middle class, you don't have much skin in the game.

But you better think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vet6AHmq3_s

#55 HuskyPup, Feb 15, 2016
  16. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Trump isn't a homophobe? Are you joking?

Donald Trump: Opposes Nationwide Marriage Equality | Human Rights Campaign
    Trump Suggests Overturning Same-Sex Marriage -- NYMag
    GOP Frontrunner Donald Trump Vows to Undo Nationwide Marriage Equality | Human Rights Campaign
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSmxd7X9X2s

It doesn't matter if he's from a different era. My best friend doesn't agree with homosexuality. religiously and just in general. But when they ruled for same-sex marriage to become legal, she told me how happy she was I could get married someday. It's not that hard. Besides, his PERSONAL beliefs should NOT affect what he does. He needs to do what is better for the people of America.
    When Trump came on to the scene, my friends found me in tears one day because my anxiety had taken over and I was so scared he would win and he would make it a living hell for LGBT people.

I'll say it again- I would really love to see the love of my life walk down the aisle one day.

#56 RavenTheRat, Feb 15, 2016
  17. Lazuri

And in this thread we see the average Trump voter and it becomes painfull obvious what kind of people he attracts.

18. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your title gave me a heart attack, I swear.

I don't follow politics at all, but I've seen a bit of his speeches, and I find them pretty funny XD Personally, I have a rather neutral stand with Trump- he does have a few good ideas, though he presents them quite strangely. In the end, it is the US, so...

19. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I still don't see him as a homophobe since homophobia is largely based on actual hate / irrational fear rather than clearly open ignorance. That's why the LGBT community need to educate these people about LGBT issues and try to make them understand. He said he would consider overturning same sex-marriage when confronted about the topic - and given his past Democratic background and his way of politics he'll only go with what he thinks is the more popular but even then he's unlikely go that way as his talks are more focused on the economy and security. On topic, Putin is a homophobe, Cruz is also a homophobe, Rubio is a homophobe (although to a lesser extent than the other two).

You overrate him. If Cruz won somehow, then perhaps your reaction would be understandable.

Ever considered asking me directly?

And about his daughter, get a grip. People take anything literally when they have an agenda. He lightened the mood during one of his talks by saying that if Ivanka wasn't his daughter, he would have married her, a statement which was overblown just like anything he says. I even saw one article title which condemned him for choosing a woman for the post of a secretary or attendant in one of his companies when we should be celebrating equality.

20. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Please don't close this thread. I'm sleepy and I will read this thread tomorrow and I hope it will still be here!!