1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does waxing hurt?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have gotten my eyebrows waxed before but that was by a professional, that's not what I'm really talking about. I want to buy the strips myself and wax my arms and legs because I'm honestly so sick of shaving. I always cut myself and it stings like hell. And then I bleed everywhere, it ruins my bath water and sometimes if I don't notice fast enough, I'll bleed on the tiles or smear it on some surface and that's a pain in the ass to clean up. Plus waxing just looks a lot easier because I always miss patches when I'm shaving. I feel really unmotivated to do it because I think it could take me literally almost an hour to shave everywhere and I don't want to spend my time doing that, it always grows back too fast anyway.
    Does it hurt? When I've gotten it done by a professional, it doesn't hurt that much but I've heard on the arms and legs does?

2. LittleMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got my legs waxed a few times when I was younger by a professional and it wasn’t too bad. Don’t get me wrong it was uncomfortable/slightly painful at points but definitely not horrendous! Never had my arms done so no idea about that.

I’ve heard very mixed reviews of the do it yourself kits so would maybe do some research rather than just picking up the first one you find.

3. Really

Hey there. I wrote this post about waxing which might be of interest. I think it was originally for an mtf individual but the info is still valid.

It can be quite messy until you get more efficient at it, so just know that.

When you say arms, do you mean underarms? The first time I tried that, I almost fainted and had to put my head down on the bathroom counter so I wouldn’t fall over. So, yes, that will hurt. I subsequently switched to epilating my armpits which I got down to 5 minutes but now I have gone for laser removal. It’s quite expensive but I’m done with all the time it takes to do legs, etc.

If you have any questions, let me know. I waxed for years.

4. Aki

Aki

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    depends on your pain tolerance, but yes, probably. I used to do it a lot when I was a girl, on my legs and pits. it didn't bother me too much, but everyone is different. do plenty of research to make sure you do it safely.