1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does My Friend Like Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lgbtqenjolras, Dec 27, 2017.

1. lgbtqenjolras

Okay so I've known this girl since I was about two and we're 16. She thinks I'm a cis girl, but she knows I'm queer.

Lately, we've gotten pretty close. She texts me a lot, and the conversations we have are awfully similar to those I had in the early stages of relationships with other girls. She had a boyfriend and I know she likes boys, but they broke up today. I was the first or one of the first people she called even though I'm not her closest or most experienced friend, which was a bit odd. In this call, she asked me my sexuality and said: "I want to be a lesbian ... how do I do it?". My sexuality comes up a bit more often in my conversations with her than with other friends, but I don't know if that's just because she's more open/educated.

Do you think she's interested, or even queer? I do think she's cute and if she wanted to be more than friends I'd be down, so I don't know if I'm just projecting. Opinions?

2. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is possible that she's just upset about breaking up with her boyfriend, especially since you've known each other for so long. She may also just want to experiment especially given she's 16. But she may also be bisexual so it would probably be worth asking her if she's serious about the possibility of dating a girl and trying things with a girl. If she says yes you could ask her if there was anyone in particular.

Dating a best friend can be one of the most amazing things but it can also be heartbreaking so my one piece of advice for you to consider after all of this is whether you think it would be worth it and if you think it would affect your current friendship negatively. Don't get me wrong, it certainly sounds like she could be interested though, at least in experimenting so it would definitely be worth checking out discreetly as I mentioned above. Good luck and let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

nebraska jones and Jackie Ray like this.
  3. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's actually one of my fears, I have considered trying to date my best friend but the idea of messing up holds me back, even though we are FWB anyway.

#3 Jackie Ray, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    J321J likes this.
  4. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

5. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww man! I'm in a slightly similar position. I currently have a lot and a lot of feelings for my friend who's bi, but she said she wouldn't be in a relationship with a girl. There's this part of me that really really wants to tell her how I feel but a part of me that fears she would either be totally uninterested and creeped out or would only want to mess around (and I don't want to catch unrequited feelings). Both scenarios would probably mess up the friendship.

How long have you and your best friend been friends for?

6. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww man! I'm in a slightly similar position. I currently have a lot and a lot of feelings for my friend who's bi, but she said she wouldn't be in a relationship with a girl. There's this part of me that really really wants to tell her how I feel but a part of me that fears she would either be totally uninterested and creeped out or would only want to mess around (and I don't want to catch unrequited feelings). Both scenarios would probably mess up the friendship.

How long have you and your best friend been friends for?

7. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We're you asking me? If so 9 and a half years.

8. J321J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that's a long time - I can understand why you'd be apprehensive to start a relationship. Do you mind me asking how you went from friends to more than that? The transition is what I find quite difficult to start without making things awkward.

9. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, he found out I was a virgin. We were all talking and I was pretending I wasnt, I guess I said some stuff that didnt make sense and he asked me if I was virgin. I told him I was and he offered to teach me if I was willing. He was really nice and sweet. When we first tried I was too nervous to become aroused, I was shaking like a leaf. He took me out for dinner and we took a walk, he told me no pressure and walked me home. Later that night we did it and it was wonderful and he was patient and supportive.

Our group of friends is weird, we are four gay guys and we have all hooked up with each other at some time or another. They have all been friends since school and discovered their sexuality experimenting with each other, I came later after they had finished school Im the oldest by a year. We have a tight group we do everything together even holidays. He'll never be my boyfriend I love him too much. There's a girl in our group, she's straight and my best friends little sister, none of us have hooked up with her, but I have a huge non-sexual crush on her. Im in love with her and her brother, yeah totally messed up on my part, I know.

#9 Jackie Ray, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    J321J likes this.