1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my family know?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pikachu1, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Recently, my older sister was angry over some homework and she said "I can't believe this! It's so gay! Sorry, Mike, I didn't mean that it was gay I'm just mad at my teacher for assigning this homework." Also my younger sister just came up to me and hugged me for no real reason as i was just sitting here playing a game on my computer. Do they know? If they do, then what should I do? If they don't know then what's with these events?

2. Nixon

Umm... Kind of sounds like it

try using this vid
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0eo-TxGY0[/YOUTUBE]

3. crystaltriforce

ask them what's going on something like that happens again

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your younger sister is well within her boundaries to hug you for no reason, but your older one probably at least suspects something. If you feel comfortable with it, you might want to have a more direct talk with her.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say your older sister might have an idea. mHave you ever mentioned anything about not liking when people use "gay" as an insult, or do you have gay friends that she knows about?

6. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have any gay friends so i don't know why she might be worried about offending my friends. I've never mentioned anything about the word gay being insulting or anything. I know my sister can hug me whenever she feels like but the thing is that this was the first time she has ever spontaneously done something like that.

7. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well just wait a bit longer, and if your older sister does something that implies you are gay, ask her "What do you mean by that?".

If she thinks you are gay, I have a hunch she accepted you, as well as your little sister if that has anything to do with it.

8. Jim1454

It sure sounds like your older sister has arrived at the conclusion that you're gay. Thankfully, she is supportive of that, and was worried about offending you. You're essentially already out to her, without any effort. You might just want to acknowledge it, thank her for being supportive, and ask her who, if anyone, else knows. Maybe your parents already know too somehow, and you don't need to tippy toe around it any more.

9. Thisisnew

Well sound like you could come out to your sister if she doent know but I think she has an idea.

10. Coldflame

I'm sorry. I know this is probably causing you a lot of stress and worry, but I couldn't help but find the little sister thing cute. From the sounds of it I think your older sister is on to you. In my opinion you should ask her what she meant. If she doesn't know and you want to keep it that way, you could just play it off as you were worried she thought you were gay.

11. Deon1

Deon1 Guest

I wouldn't stress over it.

12. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

At least if they do know, they seem to be rather supportive of you

13. Alex19

maybe they know, maybe they dont. if your comfortable enough, confront them about it.