Does anyone here like skiing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J Schuelke, Dec 10, 2008.

1. J Schuelke

I am so close to my winter break and we just got 14 inches of snow the other day. So of course the only thing I want to do is hit the slopes and the trails.

Anyone else have the same ideas?

2. Gumtree

Snow = my favourite type of weather.

In Aus there isn't really that much snow... at all.. but during the season I try to go atleast twice a year. Snowboarding would be my outright favourite sport, but I really enjoy Skiing aswel, especially if I'm not feeling quite energetic enough to get on a board.

It's summer here, and it was 42oC (108oF) yesterday - Doubt there will be any snow anytime soon.

3. silentsound

I am not the best skier on the planet, as I only really go once a year with my youth group, sometimes twice but my mom has sworn off it for life. But god I love it so...

4. Yijaipo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I don't even know what it is... what is skiing? I grew up in south Japan we didn't get really any snow there... maybe like a cm but it would melt the next day all of it

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Every Christmas is spent skiing in our family, we enjoy it so much (no, you wouldn't have guessed....) I just got a new ski-jacket, since I grew out of my older one! I'm set for a great time the slopes we visit regularly have SO much snow this year (I think it's something insane like three meters in a week), it's going to be a blast!

6. Apocalypte

I haven't been skiing since I was in school, but I did love it the 2 times that I've been before. So much so that when I was putting my choices down for JET program placements my first two choices were for Hokkaido and Nagano prefectures - just to get lots of snow :slight_smile:

7. Iowa doesn't have any mountains upon which to ski, unfortunately :frowning2: So I can't really ski here. But I absolutely love skiing. My family used to go to Colorado about once a year to some ski resorts/mountains (Keystone, Breckenridge, and Copper Mountain). We haven't done it for a couple years now :frowning2: It's really sad. Now I really want to ski... grr.

8. Daniel

I live for ski blading. So excited the ski resorts are open here!