1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by purpleinside, Feb 11, 2012.

1. purpleinside

I've been questioning my sexuality for months, and just recently figured out that I'm bi with a strong tendency towards males. But there's definitely a big attraction towards girls, too. I'm not sure about how to come out. I'm afraid that everyone will expect me to be all over girls, right away, but I've been blocking a lot of that out for a while.

I don't think there's an issue of my parents not accepting me, they're always wonderful to everyone no matter of their orientation - my mom has a lesbian boss and they're buddies. So that's not a problem.

I'm just afraid of how people's expectations will change. Also, I was thinking of coming out on Valentine's day (I'm admittedly corny).

Thoughts? This is seriously weighing on my mind A LOT.

2. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

congratulations on taking a very mature and serious look at yourself! its not an easy process and can take some people years to do.

that being said, don't feel like you need to be in a rush to come out at your age or even decide if your bi or whatever. if you feel like you talk about it with your friends or a counselor at school, do so. but also remember too, at 14, most mature, reasonable people recognize that you're still a bit of a blank slate in terms of sexuality. maybe society just expects, as a default, that you'll end up straight, but that is fast changing.

whatever you decide, you're made an important step in the right direction by coming here and asking advice. now take the next step towards talking about it with someone whom you feel you can confide in safely. good luck and all my best!