1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want to get married??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jan 21, 2011.

1. kettlkorn

2. I'd love to! I just think it's a beautiful tradition. Gotta find the right girl obviously and it would help if it were legal here...but yeah, I for sure want to get married someday :grin:

3. RaRa

Fuck no.

4. Shevanel

5. RaRa

I see what you did there Sharita. Touche.

6. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

I don't really like the idea of marriage unless you're going to be raising children, because there are certain advantages that marriage presents for children/parents. Other than that, I believe that relationships take a lot of work, a legal agreement has never stopped anyone from separating so if you think that a wedding is going to solidify your relationship, you really need to reconsider.

7. Same here.

8. Beachboi92

I want to get married but not till i'm at least, AT LEAST 25. And i'd have to be in the relationship for at least, AT LEAST 3 years before i go making that commitment because personally i believe it is the ultimate step and just like i take saying "i love you" seriously i take saying "i do" seriously when asked if i will do everything to be with the person i am with for the rest of my life.

I think it is sort of something you do to go beyond dating, saying i love you, moving in together, marriage, then children. I've always wanted a family and i've always wanted a wedding. And a classy event my wedding will be xD

9. Eponine

Yessiree.

10. Charme

Charme Guest

Why not? I've always been the hopeless romantic.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not a means of solidifying my relationship. To me a wedding is just this time where I can invite all my friends to witness my love for my boyfriend and vice versa, and see me declare my love for him. Well that and the amount of rights that come with being married is kind of also good. If you do research you know that there are a lot more rights with being married than being civilly married or being in a domestic partnership.

12. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I don't know...not right now I wouldn't want to...maybe in the future I would. In my opinion, if a relationship is strong, it doesn't need legality to make it last. Then again, my boyfriend/partner/whatever the fuck could have a different opinion. In that case, I'd probably consider it. That's way in the future though.

13. Holmes

I kind of think on the assumption that I will get married in about ten years, by which time I might be long enough in a relationship and Ireland might let me do it here.

14. QuantumBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to at the moment, but possibly down the road. That is, if I find the guy for me. I would want to be in the relationship for a very long time first, though. I want to know that the guy truly loves me, and the marriage would be worth it. Then, after a few/several years or so, I'd consider it and discuss it with my partner.

15. Sangelus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would like to get married at some point in the future and would also like to adopt and raise kids with my would be husband.

16. TheRoof

This.
    I seriously never got the appeal of marriage. I also don't want any kids, but that's a whole different story.

17. Adam

I would love to get married someday! If I find the right guy.

18. Ichi42go

I just admitted to myself I'm gay... 2 months ago, I was thinking that someday I would marry a woman and have children... I don't think I should jump the gun on this one. XD

19. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Most definitely.

20. GhostDog

Oh hell yes. I mean, I'm not all excited about a piece of paper or anything, but I love the idea of getting all my friends and family together and basically saying, "See this girl right here? She is awesome, I love her, and I wanna be with her 'til I die." All kinds of romantic. :3

Plus I do totally want kids someday, so the legal whatsits that actual marriage would entail would be handy.