1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think animals have souls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not calling anyone here stupid. I'm just saying that believing something without evidence of it's existence is irrational and from a rational perspective you cannot justify belief without good reason I.e. Evidence supporting your belief. I'm sorry if that hurst people's feelings, but but you really can't justify a belief in something requires demonstrating that it is evident.

Also faith is not a pathway to truth. You can believe anything on faith and many beliefs have a faith claim to them. How do you sort out the real ones from the non real ones. Also, how come we use reason and evidence for all discourse in our lives and are then told when we seek higher knowledge, faith is suddenly required. Faith is just guilability dressed up as virtue and until someone can demonstrate faith his a good way to get to truth, then I'm unconvinced. And how would you demonstrate faith is a good method... Reason and evidence. Funny how it always comes back to that...

One final word, I may be debating this here, but I in no way feel disrespectful to anybody. Just because I have a strong difference of opinion, please don't try to shut me up by whining that I'm hurting feelings. I'm not being personal here, I'm just arguing my point.

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Hmm....guess it depends what you mean.

I'm not religious, so technically I can't comment on the religious meaning, but it is unfortunate that so many religious people think animals don't go to 'heaven'.

I believe we all have feelings and personalities though, and that animals are no different from us. My cat feels affection, anger, sadness, and loneliness, and I can see that in his eyes. When my dog died, my other dog went into a deep depression for weeks.

I think people undervalue animals too much. People tend to forget that humans ARE animals; we may be more intelligent and evolved, but we're similar at the core. I think if humans go to heaven and get reincarnated, animals should too. I don't think there's anything more special or valuable about the human race when it comes to emotions and inner spirituality, since all living things have a purpose in this world and feel things.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I think everything alive has a soul. Even the plants.

4. Hexagon

What about the tuberculosis bacteria?